PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Icons enlargment on the panel

jeyros12
July 14th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Hi,
Since I have a wide screen, I'd like to have just one GNOME panel (with the window list and all the other items) on the right edge of my screen instead of having 2 panels, one on the up and a second on the bottom (like defaultwise).

(btw it seems to me stupid that the default layout reduces the vertical extend of the screen in favor of the horizontal one because, usually screens are wider that longer whereas the texts you read - web pages, documents, etc - are longer than wider, and usually by far less wide than your screen, but anyway...)

The problem is that when I put the GNOME panel on the right or left side and enlarge it a little to see the titles of the windows in the "windows list" items, it enlarge also all the others items (the NetworkManager icon, the WorkspaceSwitcher, etc) which is ugly and reduces the space of the Window List. In addition, the Window list itself enlarges the titles of the windows (try it if you can't see what I'm trying to explain) which is even more ugly.

I'd like to have (yes I know, shame on me) the MS Windows like behavior with this panel : no items enlargement (except the panel itself of course).

Well, I hope I've been clear...

Is there a solution for this?

In the extreme case where it would'nt be possible on GNOME, I'm ready to try another easy-to-configure desktop manager (I've already tried Xfce and KDE which would'nt do it either) in which case I'm listenning for your propositions? (but of course I'd rather keep GNOME if possible)

Thank you for your help :)

jeyros12
July 18th, 2009, 08:58 AM
bump :)

shankru85
July 18th, 2009, 09:36 AM
AFAIK, Its not possible.