PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Will existing python 2.5 and related installed software work after upgrade to Jaunty?

AlexanderSupertramp
July 14th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Hello Guys,

I am currently using Intrepid. Theses days I am working on python. I have set up the system with Intrepid + python2.5 (System Default) + MySQLdb + MySQL (Has databases) + APtana Studio + PyDev + DJango + Pinax and everything needed for them like pip and setuptools (and possibly other stuff).

If I upgrade to Jaunty now, which has python 2.6 default, will my existing system break? Do I have to follow certain steps to preserve the setups and configuration.

I am not even sure if all this will work without reconfiguration with existing Intrepid "Updates". I have not updated intrepid ever. I am paranoid because couple of important projects are going on and I do not want to spend time fixing the broken system.

I have also made changes to PYTHONPATH etc. I am eager to try out Jaunty. Help will be much appreciated.

buckrodgers
July 16th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Well,

You can still have Python 2.5 installed within Synaptic after the upgrade

I did not have major trouble when switching to 2.5 on my code but I do not use any external python libs/apps.

Cheers