PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Xubuntu Login PROBLEMS

Kiwi24
July 14th, 2009, 04:24 AM
OK I see someone else has posted with this same issue and it doesn't look like they were really helped. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1163084&highlight=Xubuntu+Login
Anyway I'm new to this OS and I installed it today and during install its asks for a user name and password, even to retype the password. I am very very very certain about what I typed. The first time the system opens up after the instal it asks for a username and a password, so I use what I typed earlier and it will not let me in. Keeps saying incorrect ... blah blah blah. I've tried every combination of caps and non caps even though I know i had it right the first time. What do I do???? I downloaded the program and made a CD with the ISO and even checked it before install and all was good. I'm not a Linux user by any means, fresh off of windows here so some detailed instruction would be much appreciated!! Thanks all!

javier10132
July 15th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I remember that happened to me..
I think there was a default setting for it, I'll google it right now to see if I can find it again.

javier10132
July 15th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I'm not certain but I think it has something to do with your drivers.
When you place the correct password, does your screen turn black and are you redirected to the login screen?