PDA

View Full Version : PHP scripting question -

AFarris01
July 14th, 2009, 03:12 AM
I somehow accidentally posted this before finishing the title... Im trying to figure out how i could add a date-last-modified stamp to a page, but in a slightly more complicated way than normal.

I know I can add this to a page by using something similar to the following:

<?php echo date(“F d Y H:i:s”, getlastmod() ); ?>

but my problem is this: my pages are all being dynamically created, using 1 standard header, which includes a menu, a content file, and 1 standard footer, which contains site tracker info, and a copyright notice. the content of the site is kept in a completely separate area.

for example, my index page looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<?php require("./includes/header.php");?>

<?php include("./Index/contents.php");?>

<?php require("./includes/footer.php");?>

the idea is that I can just update the 'contents.php file on any given page, to update that page.

The problem is that the 'page last updated' section is located in the copyright area, and I can't move it, due to design restrictions. Is there a way for me to insert a general type function into the footer that will monitor when the appropriate 'contents.php' file has been modified, without adding any extra code to the 'contents.php' files themselves?

michaelzap
July 14th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Looks to me as if it's all running as one script, so you can just add something like

<?php $moddate=date("F d Y H:i:s",getlastmod()); ?>

to your contents script and

<?php echo $moddate; ?>

to your footer script.

AFarris01
July 14th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Thanks! That looks like its working just fine. Greatly appreciated!

I gotta brush up my PHP...