PDA

View Full Version : eee pc 901 flash video problems

bunkertruck
July 14th, 2009, 01:37 AM
I cannot get flash to work properly. I have installed adobe flash 10 and restarted my system and still does not work properly. Youtube barely plays videos and that is all, nothing else will play. I have had this working before on the same computer but had to reinstall ubuntu to fix other problems and now this will not work. I have tried researching and could not find a fix. I'm a little new to this stuff and have solved many of my problems on my own but this one is giving me trouble. any suggestions?

kerry_s
July 14th, 2009, 02:05 AM
have you made sure to uninstall the free flash players? swf, gnash, etc...

bunkertruck
July 14th, 2009, 02:49 AM
removing swf in synaptic is what needed to be done. thank you. now i have another, different, problem: i have no audio for anything on my system...is this how it is with ubuntu or am I missing something.

bunkertruck
July 14th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Ok, I guess it was just a simple restart of my system to get audio back. sorry for being snappy, just have been getting frustrated at how long it takes to set everthing up in ubuntu to have it fully functional to how i need it.

kerry_s
July 14th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Ok, I guess it was just a simple restart of my system to get audio back. sorry for being snappy, just have been getting frustrated at how long it takes to set everthing up in ubuntu to have it fully functional to how i need it.

:lolflag: when was the last time you did a windows install ?
it's only as good as the effort to get it done. ;)

bunkertruck
July 14th, 2009, 10:15 PM
last time i did a windows install was two days ago at work. i guess my problem is it took me less time to get that working the way i wanted than it is ubuntu.

my audio problem is still existant. whenever i boot ubuntu it is a guess as to if the audio will work or not, sometimes yes sometimes no... not sure what the problem is.