PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] CPU problem

frogchris
July 14th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I'm running a dell pc with an Intel Core 2 dual processor and 2 GB of ram. The version of Ubuntu I'm running is 9.04. The problem is that every time I try to run an editing program like blender or gimp it my computer slows down and the screen freezes for a moment, but when I run the same programs on window it works fine. Is there something worng with my configurations with ubuntu or is it just my pc?

overdrank
July 14th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I'm running a dell pc with an Intel Core 2 dual processor and 2 GB of ram. The version of Ubuntu I'm running is 9.04. The problem is that every time I try to run an editing program like blender or gimp it my computer slows down and the screen freezes for a moment, but when I run the same programs on window it works fine. Is there something worng with my configurations with ubuntu or is it just my pc?

Hi and welcome, it maybe your graphics driver. What is the model of the graphics card.

frogchris
July 14th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I found out that my pc only freezes when i run blender 3d. Do I have to install a different version of python.