PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dual boot Ubuntu - Xfce Debian

newIsle
July 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Been trying to install another distro onto a seperate partion...its a xfce debian lenny based (i think) anyway its called Animux(geared toward animaters)...

So i have my hd partioned into several 50g partions (6 to be exact) i do it that way so i can continully format the partion when needed..( i do alot of rendering out blender...i just like it this way )

on the first partion Ubuntu is installed(the /root), and all partions mounted to Ubuntu. i procedded to unmuont one partion so i could install the xfce and have a dual boot...

the problem is though every time i would install it, the xfce distro (Animux) would effect the xorg.cong of Ubuntu and X would not start i could not get a grapgical desktop. i would have to re-configure x and boot back in through a live cd to change to boot order ......

anyway the question is ...will another linux distro effect Ubuntu's xorg.conf file and Nvidia drivers when installed on a seperate partition??? they shouldn't? what am i doing wrong??

any help would be great??

newIsle
July 13th, 2009, 06:36 PM
could this be because of two different kernels??? I dont know, i'm lost here, i have several other dual boot systems(all different Ubuntu flavors) and never any problems like this..