PDA

View Full Version : Internet Fax

Thelasko
July 13th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I've recently had to send a few faxes. I honestly thought that the fax machine went away with the 21st century, but apparently I'm wrong. Does anybody know of a good internet fax service? I see a lot of them advertised, but they all seem shady. Has anybody ever used one?

swoll1980
July 13th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I've recently had to send a few faxes. I honestly thought that the fax machine went away with the 21st century, but apparently I'm wrong. Does anybody know of a good internet fax service? I see a lot of them advertised, but they all seem shady. Has anybody ever used one?

monster.com has a good one. In the long run it's cheaper to buy a fax modem. You can get one for $19.99

vinutux
July 13th, 2009, 06:08 PM
just googling for that

forrestcupp
July 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
just googling for that

And this is not a plce for discuss u r fax mechines anyway

Why not? It's the off topic section. The only things not allowed are politics and religion.

oldsoundguy
July 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I have always had a machine of some sort. The 4 in one units are worth the extra couple of bucks (and cheaper in the long run vs a "service" IF you send and receive fax messages.) (IF you are running a business, there will be a need now and then to send a copy of a document to someone that needs it .. be it your lawyer or the IRS!!)
And fax spamming is all but in the past.

But the alternate is to go to a place like Kinkos or the office stores. They provide the service there. PLUS, you retain the documents and do not give them to a third party!

Ms_Angel_D
July 13th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I have 2 different services I've used quite a bit:

http://faxzero.com
http://www.gotfreefax.com

I've never had any problems with either of these.

Thelasko
July 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I do have a fax modem, but I don't have a landline phone. I'm exclusively cell phone these days. I was thinking about using my cell phone to send a fax from my computer, but I don't know what software I would need.

I tried Kinko's (now FedEx Office) they charged me $5 to send 3 pages. It would be cheaper to send it snail mail.

Thelasko
July 13th, 2009, 07:54 PM
monster.com has a good one.

I can't find it. Do you have a URL?

pwaller30
July 17th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Hi there! i'd recommend you try out RingCentral's Internet fax (http://www.ringcentral.com/features/internet-fax-service/overview.html) as they offer the most advanced fax features available anywhere at no extra charge.

craigkeiths
January 28th, 2010, 06:01 AM
monster.com has a good one. In the long run it's cheaper to buy a fax modem. You can get one for $19.99

I will still prefer to use an internet fax service. First on foremost - because I am an advocate in helping to save the environment. Turn your office green with this service.

juancarlospaco
January 28th, 2010, 06:15 AM
I transformed the last Fax i know of
into a Scanner using an app avaliable from repos...

Thelasko
January 28th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I've been using FaxZero. It seems to work pretty well.

shadowofeclipse
February 7th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I'm looking for program for faxing with T.38 support (to use with my SIP/VoIP provider).

craigkeiths
July 22nd, 2010, 06:23 AM

If you intended to use an internet fax service for business/or personal use then the following PAID service provider are my suggestion:

MetroFax
RingCentral
RapidFax
FaxEmail
eFax

If you will use it solely for personal use then the following FREE service are recommended:

Best Free Fax
Go Faxer
PreFax
PopFax
FaxZero

earthpigg
July 22nd, 2010, 09:05 AM
every time a bank or anyone else wants me to fax something for 'security' reasons instead of e-mailing a .jpg or .pdf, it makes me want to fax them a fraudulent document while simultaneously e-mailing them an accurate one.

totally off topic, sorry.

kristenlanes
August 24th, 2010, 08:36 AM
its true that there are a lot of internet phone service (http://www.ringcentral.ca/how-it-works/click-to-call-me.html) we can find all over the internet, but the mere question is on how could we land into an online fax service that requires convenience and security of all our documents and information,. you may find that answers to Ring Central ,I have been using that one for a year now, and it did not fail me..