PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Is there a way to set the toolbar at the bottom back to default?

NinjaNumberNine
July 13th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Hi, I have Kubuntu 8.10. My question is, is it possible to fix the toolbar at the bottom of the screen once you scramble it? I *accidently* #-o clicked something and it shut down the whole panel. I tried setting it back up piece by piece from Add Widgets, but this insists that the widgets spread out and cover the whole toolbar, so now when I minimize an app it vanishes.

Thanks in advance,

NinjaNumberNine

BbUiDgZ
July 13th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Hi, I have Kubuntu 8.10. My question is, is it possible to fix the toolbar at the bottom of the screen once you scramble it? I *accidently* #-o clicked something and it shut down the whole panel. I tried setting it back up piece by piece from Add Widgets, but this insists that the widgets spread out and cover the whole toolbar, so now when I minimize an app it vanishes.

Thanks in advance,

NinjaNumberNine

when you go to login start a new session at login screen.

twright
July 13th, 2009, 04:21 PM
You could try deleting the appropriate .files in your home folder (show hidden files to show them) and when you log in again it will be restored to its default state

NinjaNumberNine
July 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM
When you go to login start a new session at login screen. Thanks for reply, but unsuccessful.

You could try deleting the appropriate .files in your home folder (show hidden files to show them) and when you log in again it will be restored to its default stateAs for this, I am a Linux Beginnux. I have attached a screenshot of my home folder. Could you tell me which file or folder to delete?

Thanks all!

Zorael
July 13th, 2009, 04:56 PM
As for this, I am a Linux Beginnux. I have attached a screenshot of my home folder. Could you tell me which file or folder to delete?
.kde > share > config, files beginning with plasma. I think it's plasma-desktop-appletsrc, but I'm not sure. You'd need to log out to see the changes take effect.

There's actually a chance the files will be recreated as plasma closes (when you log out), which makes this a bit tricky. If so, you'd need to close plasma first, then delete/move those files and restart it again.

I think you can get a task manager to pop up if you hit ctrl+esc; if so, the plasma process is called plasma-desktop. Else hit alt+f2 and enter 'kquitapp plasma-desktop', that should close it. Do your thing, then hit alt+f2 and enter 'plasma-desktop' when you're ready to restart it.

NinjaNumberNine
July 13th, 2009, 05:18 PM
:pOH YEAH!:p
It worked!!
THANKS!
I didn't even have to logout!
You guys are great!

twright
July 13th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Glad you got that working :-) Sorry I could not have been more specific earlier (I am mostly a gnome user myself)

:pOH YEAH!:p
It worked!!
THANKS!
I didn't even have to logout!
You guys are great!

NinjaNumberNine
July 13th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Yeah. GNOME is stable, and KDE is beautiful.

izizzle
July 13th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah. GNOME is stable, and KDE is beautiful.

I think I can see where this thread is going to go from here. Just forgive the guy and move on...

NinjaNumberNine
July 13th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Okay, change of directions. can someone help me here? (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1211669)