PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Phantom keystrokes/mouse clicks

IridiumRE
July 13th, 2009, 12:56 PM
For a while I had a problem where downward scrolling would put junk characters into any text editing field I was in, and sometimes in a browser would redirect me to my home page. But I got that straightened out and have been working for days.

After a reboot last night the PC will randomly pick up either a key combo or a mouse click that will cause my browser to return to my homepage at random, or if I'm on the desktop, will open the Home folder. Previously it'd do something similar if I was downscrolling the mouse. Now it does it with no hands on the controls.

To try and figure it out I left a text editor open all night to see if any funny characters showed up. None. But as soon as I move away from the text editor, it's opening the home folder again.

Is there a keylogger of sorts, or an input display window or something I could use to see what exact command is getting sent to the system?

csabo2
July 13th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Are you by any chance using a wireless mouse or keyboard?

IridiumRE
July 13th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Wireless mouse, yeah. MX Revolution.

IridiumRE
July 14th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I think I've discovered the problem connected to the Logitech G15 driver stuff. After removing it the problem has disappeared again. Of course it's also gimped my keyboard, so I'll have to investigate.