View Full Version : WoW installer question...

July 13th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Ok so, i have wine, and i was able to dl the wow installer, and im pretty sure it downloaded the files, but when i go to install, and i get to the first EULA, and it says u must scroll to the end of page to hit "agree", i do that, but my agree button isnt highlight, only disagree...

anyone have a clue?

July 13th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Wow... sorry dont know an answer to your question but curious how you got it to run on yours? I have Ubuntu 8.10 and put the cd in the drive with no luck, not sure if it has anything to do with being the burning crusade cd but yea it doesnt even dl :(

July 13th, 2009, 04:59 AM
i just downloaded the client thingy from blizz's website...

maybe i should try to dl it again

July 13th, 2009, 05:03 AM
What versions of wine and Ubuntu do you have?

July 13th, 2009, 05:03 AM
grrr... i still cant hit agree... anyone help me?

July 13th, 2009, 05:04 AM
What versions of wine and Ubuntu do you have?

wine: 1.0.1
and 9.04 ubuntu

July 13th, 2009, 05:06 AM
I would try the latest version of wine 1.1.25. You can get the Ubuntu repository for it on winehq.org.

July 13th, 2009, 05:09 AM
<-ubuntu noob here...

what do u mean by repository... can i just run a terminal command to update wine?

July 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
try to locate the folder and just run the wow.exe file for wine.
there are some twinks on winehq.com how to make it run smoth etc.
btw to update to the latest version of wine its prety simple just remove it .
once you remove it go to you home folder and you will see an folder called .wine if you can see it do ctrl + H (which will allow you to the hidden files and folders) well delete that. and than just do the latest version download and install from winehq.com its very simple. (i just installed ubuntu 4-5 days ago never used it before, just takes some reading an patiece) :P

July 14th, 2009, 09:24 AM

August 8th, 2009, 01:15 PM
having the same problem with hitting the agree button, i have installed wow before but recently got the newest version of ubuntu.

August 8th, 2009, 03:15 PM
got it to work type

sudo aptitude update

sudo aptitude install wine

it should prompt you to install mozilla (gecko) when you go on the installer
after that the agree sign should work. worked for me