PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] How to uninstall Moovida?

BigBig5
July 13th, 2009, 04:29 AM
I installed Moovida, but now I donīt want it now. I am wondering how to uninstall it. Can ayone help me?

cariboo
July 13th, 2009, 06:19 AM
How did you install it? IF you installed it using synaptic, just search for it and mark it for removal. If you installed from source, cd into the source directory and type:

make uninstall

If you don't have the source directory any more you will have to remove it manually. Open a terminal and type:

locate moovida > moovida.txt

the above command will create a text file with the locations of all the files. You should then be able to delete the files listed.

Mark Phelps
July 13th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I installed Moovida, but now I donīt want it now. I am wondering how to uninstall it. Can ayone help me?

Curious about why you're removing it. Haven't tried it, but from the little I read, it sounds amazing!

csabo2
July 13th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Curious about why you're removing it. Haven't tried it, but from the little I read, it sounds amazing!

I found it a little buggy and resource intensive.

axelsvag
July 17th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I have got ubuntu 9.04 amd 64 with compiz enabled and I found it completely useless. The program went outside the desktop so you can not do anything. It is impossible to shut the program down so you have to kill the process. And as you see you have to manually delete more than 40 files to be able to uninstall the program. So it is absolutely not ready for ubuntu 64 bit.

ArtInvent
July 21st, 2009, 08:05 PM
I tried it a few months ago on 9.04 AMD64 when it was still Elisa and it was much the same, buggy, impossible to shut down, the screen took over and couldn't even switch to another app. Ugh. Sounds like it's still much the same. It would be nice if they got their act together. I have MythTV but don't really like that so much.