PDA

View Full Version : will downlaoding the actuall unr iso and installing be better than using apt get ?

djmh
July 13th, 2009, 04:05 AM
i have used apt get to download unr, i really really like it.
and i intend to use only unr. so i am wondering will i notice any performance or stability differences between the actual unr iso.
or is the iso essentially the same as what i did, which is : install jaunty then use terminal to get the necessary packages for unr.

thanks for the info :)

djmh
July 13th, 2009, 05:11 PM
anyone ?

im just wondering if the unr img file will be any different from what i have :regular jaunty with the unr packages installed ?

snowpine
July 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I think you are okay, but if you want to double-check, here's a complete list of the UNR packages: http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/ubuntu-netbook-remix

aysiu
July 13th, 2009, 05:16 PM
There's no difference. The official UNR doesn't even use the lpia kernel.

djmh
July 13th, 2009, 05:37 PM
awsome, thank you.
i was wondering beacause i knew that there was a different kernel or soemthing like that, and i didnt know if i got the official unr download if it would make my netbook faster ....of course i could just try it out ....but i would rather not install it only to find that i like this version better.

either way, thanks

aysiu
July 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM
No, it doesn't use a different kernel. That's my point. So there really isn't any difference between using it and adding it through apt-get.