PDA

View Full Version : Need an Ubuntu CD?

jakeslife
January 22nd, 2005, 06:51 AM
Okay, instead of adding a "Woohoo--I got my CDs" post, I figured that I would post and say that yes, I got my ten CDs, and if anyone has waited a long time to receive them and would like me to mail them one I can...under a few conditions:

*You must be on dial up...if you are on a high-speed connection, you can easily download them in (I have t1 and it took me less than an hour--if you have slow DSL or cable, set it to DL overnight)

*You have to live in the US (certain exceptions can be made, so if you live outside the US and postal is relatively moderate, I'll do it)

*You must be someone who has made an active effort to be a part of the great community for Ubuntu (I know that it can be hard if you have never tried Ubuntu, but if you have and your friends are dying to and you need CDs for that, okay). This is my way of taking the help others have given to me and passing it on.

*You can't have ordered and received them yet. This is something for those who have been waiting forever (honor system!)

*You only get one. You can copy and copy to your heart's content once you get it.

Let me know by e-mailing me at jake@thermogenicdesign.com. Like I said, I only have ten, but since they seemed to get to me fairly quickly I ordered some more. The next five people who e-mail me get one providing they meet the criteria.

*bowm chika bowowm*

JeffS
January 22nd, 2005, 04:12 PM
That's nice of you to make that offer.

I got 10 CDs as well. I'm going to keep two or three (the extras for family members), and pass out the rest at a local LUG. And when I pass them out at the LUG, I'll be singing Ubuntu's praises. :razz:

xsos
January 22nd, 2005, 04:26 PM
I have completely distribute 9 cd's and i try keep one for my self :D

jakeslife
January 22nd, 2005, 07:32 PM
I got the ten (3 PPC), and I was going to distribute them too, but the LUG here seems to have them, and also the local colleges and universities. Being Seattle (i.e.: Hippie Central), they knew about Ubuntu before I did LOL. I'm just surprised they haven't held a parade yet.....

TravisNewman
January 23rd, 2005, 04:45 AM
Yeah I ordered quite a few, and opportunities have passed that I thought I would get to, so if anyone needs one, I'm up for mailing them.

You don't have to have contributed that much here, because I know that I wouldn't have started contributing here if I had never used it, but for me to ship them you have to be on dial up.

But hell, I'll give you one if you're on DSL or business fiberoptic if you want to pay for shipping or come get it. I live in SW Virginia if you do want to come pick it up :)