PDA

View Full Version : Faucet Aerators for.. umm.. old faucets?

hellmet
July 12th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I was just looking around on the Internet to find faucet aerators for conventional faucets, here in India. The faucets I have do not have threads either inside or outside to install aerators and looks something like the one in the attachment.

We have two wash basins and one kitchen sink that are used heavily. The water pressure is huge as we live in an apartment on the first floor. I really want to cut down on the amount of water wasted each time these faucets are used.

The problem is that I the only option for me seems to be to replace these faucets with the modern ones, but it doesn't make any economical sense to be doing so, especially if there exists a solution to be able to use an aerator on such taps. Probably a rubber adapter or something?

I appreciate your inputs..

LowSky
July 12th, 2009, 06:28 PM
buy new equipment and sell the faucets, even if its for a fraction of what the new ones cost, they won't go to waste. An adapter might actually make the faucet stick out too far, remember it needs to be longer enough to thread onto both pieces of plumbing

You actually have the opposite problem most people have.