PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 8.04 LTS freezes after install

Projector
July 12th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Hi guys,
1st time poster and linux noob here. I'm installing(or trying to install) HH 8.04 to a second HDD that I have. After having to disable my IDE floppy controller, I managed to get HH to install. Now however it always freezes on the loading screen with the Ubuntu logo with the progress bar. I tried loading in recovery mode and it freezes after recognizing all of my USB stuff. You guys have any suggestions? My brother raves about how good Ubuntu is and so forth but it's a bit difficult to test... when I cant' get it to load. Thanks in advance for any replies.

~sHyLoCk~
July 12th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Hi guys,
1st time poster and linux noob here. I'm installing(or trying to install) HH 8.04 to a second HDD that I have. After having to disable my IDE floppy controller, I managed to get HH to install. Now however it always freezes on the loading screen with the Ubuntu logo with the progress bar. I tried loading in recovery mode and it freezes after recognizing all of my USB stuff. You guys have any suggestions? My brother raves about how good Ubuntu is and so forth but it's a bit difficult to test... when I cant' get it to load. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Try to press escape while its loading for verbose to see what it says when the boot freezes. Post the error here. If pressing escape doesn't bring you the verbose mode, then at the boot menu press "e" twice on the Ubunu 8.04..... option and at the end remove the word "quiet" and change to "verbose" and press enter and then "b"

Projector
July 12th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I tried doing what you suggested, but all it would do is reset after trying to boot and restore the setting to default. I tried using recovery mode again, and it loads fine until reaching, "B HID core driver" Then it freezes. Hope that helps.