PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Installation Issues

GreenFire08
July 11th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Hi all. My laptop needed a re-format and so since I was doing it anyway I decided to test out Kubuntu to see how it compared to Ubuntu. I downloaded the Live CD off of the website of the latest version, and that went off without any problems. The Live CD works just fine when I run Kubuntu off of it. However, when I try to install it, I seem to hit a brick wall. I answer all the questions and everything, and I hit install, and it starts, but then the progress bar gets to about 5% and then my computer just turns off. It's a Toshiba Sattelite laptop that runs on an AMD 64. Has anyone encoutered this or know what might be happening? At this point I have no OS or anything on there whatsoever.

wpshooter
July 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM
When you say "my computer just turns off" what exactly do you mean by that ?

Is the "power" to the computer actually being turned off / powered down or is it that you just can not see anything on the display ?

The monitor can go into power saving mode while the install is taking progress and it will cause the screen to go blank and you just have to move the mouse to bring the display back on, are you sure that that is not what is happening ?

GreenFire08
July 11th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I mean it literally turns off. The power just dies. And it's not because of low battery because I've got it plugged in. I'm starting to think it's more of a hardware issue than a software one. :(