PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Openoffice reinstall

dushu
July 11th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I have remove Openoffice from Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope and need to reinstall it from the CD how i do it?

merlinus
July 11th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Why not install via Applications/Add/Remove?

AllenGG
July 11th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Why use the CD ????

Use Synaptic. It works, saves a lot of trouble. No internet connection? Pick up your machine, take it to a cyber cafe, or a friends house.

dushu
July 12th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Openoffice comes with Ubuntu CD so I want to try it install from CD incase where internet is unavailable.....:guitar:

:p

dushu
July 12th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Add/remove does not detect the Ubuntu installation CD it goes to internet repositories..

unlimitedz
July 12th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Never tried it, but I think you can go to "System-Administration-Software Sources" and then go to "Third Party Software". From there you can enable the Ubuntu CD, or add a CDRom (at the bottom there's a button, make sure the CD is in the drive when you click it). After you add the source, you should be able to use the package manager to add/remove software from it (you'll have to update the package listing).

dushu
July 12th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I tried that way but CD gets unmounts and updates takes from repositories from internet

unlimitedz
July 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I tried that way but CD gets unmounts and updates takes from repositories from internet

Not sure then, maybe someone else might know.