PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] why can't I use compiz effects on my Lenovo zhaoyang E43?

DavidPanda
July 11th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I have downloaded the compiz and compiz fusion software but I still can't use the compiz effects such as Desktop Cube and Rotate Cube ?I selected the same options with people who can use it on the other computer fluently,but it seems that it has nothing to do with it~Ithink maybe there is something with my computer ~my notebook is Lenovo zhaoyang E43,it's not widely used,does it contain something don't match ?I don't know what's wrong with it ~
And there is another problem,Ican't use the touchpad when I first installed the Ubuntu 9.04 Linux system,is there a connection with these two problems?

SonnHalter
July 11th, 2009, 02:38 PM
did you even try to rotate the cube? or drag a window to a different side so it rotates?

visualpiano
July 13th, 2009, 03:27 PM
did you even try to rotate the cube? or drag a window to a different side so it rotates?

Very much thank you for your reply because I am the colleage of the inquirer on the upper floor, and I faced her problem days ago with her.

She still cannot fix it right, I, who was operating on her PC, tried to rotate the desktop ("Desktop Cube" and "Rotate Cube") using Ctrl + Alt + left/right, but it cannot rotate, I also tried maximising and minimising an opened window, but no fancy effect was happening.

I am also wondering that whether it is because her PC is "Lenovo Zhaoyang E43" and some of the hardwares are not supported by Ubuntu 9.04 operating system drivers? Because her touchpad is also not functioning after the first installation of Ubuntu 9.04.

I will be pleased and thankful if you or anyone else has got a solution for this, thank you very much~!