PDA

View Full Version : just saying hello

gnomer
January 24th, 2006, 10:06 AM
this is my first post in these forums, so i'm basically just starting off by saying hello to everyone.

i'm an ubuntu user since late warty and use it exclusively on my thinkpad. i have used many linux distributions before, gentoo, mandrake, suse, debian and others. ubuntu is the first where everything works without having to dig around for days to get the system running the way i want it to be. it's a distribution that actually makes me productive instead of getting in my way. in the past linux systems were always some kind of 'toys' to me, that i would play, tweak and fiddle around with, but not actually work with (especially the compile-fetish called gentoo..). now i use ubuntu as my main os for all my study (computer science) and private stuff and i love it!

(i'm still not religious about computing platforms though, i happily use windows xp when a project requires it.)

i also like the different approach of ubuntu, the focus on users, people and the things they want to achieve with computers instead of nerdy elite babble. the community is extremely helpful and friendly and just rocks!

rjwood
January 24th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

Derek Djons
January 24th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Welcome and have a pleasant stay :)