PDA

View Full Version : So sick of the MJ

ericmc783
July 10th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I wonder...... when OJ Simpson dies, will everyone be celebrating his life like he was the best thing ever... despite the fact that he murdered two people and was "Technically" never convicted?? *hint, hint*

Gizenshya
July 10th, 2009, 05:51 PM
IBTL

but x2

The Toxic Mite
July 10th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I wonder...... when OJ Simpson dies, will everyone be celebrating his life like he was the best thing ever... despite the fact that he murdered two people and was "Technically" never convicted?? *hint, hint*

Do remember that just because he was accused, it doesn't mean he actually did it.

Innocent until proven guilty

Simian Man
July 10th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Seriously.

http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/song-chart-memes-michael-jackson.jpg?w=504&h=497

The Toxic Mite
July 10th, 2009, 05:55 PM
That's pure propaganda

DeadSuperHero
July 10th, 2009, 05:56 PM
You're preaching to the choir, man. The worst thing about it how fake so much of it is. Four weeks ago, people would gladly tell obscene jokes about MJ and insult him, now he's "The Greatest Musician That Ever Lived"

I strongly disagree with their statement. He did a lot for pop music, sure. But every musician contributes their own amazing piece to music, no matter how big or small about it.

No one really seemed to notice when Johnny Cash died, that was the real tragedy.

Tipped OuT
July 10th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I'm just fed up with the media. Yes it was a sad thing, but damn, let the man rest in piece already, they're still trying to dig up dirt on the mans life. God, it sickens me.

chucky chuckaluck
July 10th, 2009, 06:06 PM
i still can't figure out how he made magic a better point guard.

sydbat
July 10th, 2009, 06:24 PM
You're preaching to the choir, man. The worst thing about it how fake so much of it is. Four weeks ago, people would gladly tell obscene jokes about MJ and insult him, now he's "The Greatest Musician That Ever Lived"

I strongly disagree with their statement. He did a lot for pop music, sure. But every musician contributes their own amazing piece to music, no matter how big or small about it.

No one really seemed to notice when Johnny Cash died, that was the real tragedy.I agree. I miss Johnny.

i still can't figure out how he made magic a better point guard.It was all about the "crotch grabbing"...

Maheriano
July 10th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I don't feel so bad, I thought he was innocent the whole time so I just feel the same way now.

0per4t0r
July 10th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Really, I didn't really hate MJ. He just lived his life, and made some nice music. I was much more shocked when Billy Mays died, because I didn't feel that much when MJ died, but when Billy died, I just felt like I had more of a connection with him somehow, and it was really sad.

swoll1980
July 10th, 2009, 07:15 PM

Can't he be the greatest entertainer that ever lived, and the butt of every little boy joke ever told, at the same time. I think he qualifies.

swoll1980
July 10th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I'm just fed up with the media. Yes it was a sad thing, but damn, let the man rest in piece already, they're still trying to dig up dirt on the mans life. God, it sickens me.

Don't be mad at the media for feeding people this stuff, be mad at the people that eat it up. If it were not for them, the media wouldn't act the way they do.

swoll1980
July 10th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Do remember that just because he was accused, it doesn't mean he actually did it.

Yeah O.J. didn't kill anyone. *laughs hysterically* Being accused isn't what makes him guilty, but rather the 100s of pieces of physical, and circumstantial evidence against him. O.J. got off on some hyper-technicalities. Lets not go acting like he's innocent. If you remember he was found liable for their deaths in civil court anyways, so you can't say he's innocent.

sydbat
July 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah O.J. didn't kill anyone. *laughs hysterically*Maybe MJ was one of the "real killers" and OJ got him...

moster
July 10th, 2009, 08:31 PM
How it goes... "It is not news when dog bites man, but when man bites a dog." That is how media works.

Who is interested in Johnny Cash when he died from old age on paper... We want read about deaths because overdose, violent death, blood.. yeah! It is not odd that so much killing happening in the world. Somethimes I think it is in our blood and never is gonna be better.

xuCGC002
July 10th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Seriously.

http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/song-chart-memes-michael-jackson.jpg?w=504&h=497

Hey! I'm part of that small percentage that still hates him!

Those types of people should be sentenced to death. Ruining the innocence of a child is much worse than any murder or robbery.

doas777
July 10th, 2009, 08:38 PM

well, I think the differance is that I had never heard of OJ (except in The Naked Gun) prior to his car chase. to me, and most americans, that is what he is famous for, not his fuuball.
as sick as i am of hearing aobut this, MJ's work did touch billions of lives (in a generally positive light). very few people have ever been able to make that claim, and OJ just doesn't qualify. so he can catch a ball, huh? wow...

Tipped OuT
July 10th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Don't be mad at the media for feeding people this stuff, be mad at the people that eat it up. If it were not for them, the media wouldn't act the way they do.

You got a point there. :p

Rainstride
July 10th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Hey! I'm part of that small percentage that still hates him!

Those types of people should be sentenced to death. Ruining the innocence of a child is much worse than any murder or robbery.

then the dad of MJ needs to be put in prison.

RiceMonster
July 10th, 2009, 08:42 PM
then the dad of MJ needs to be put in prison.

*sigh*

Amazing how Micheal Jackson is suddenly a tragic figure (see graph on front page).

ericmc783
July 10th, 2009, 08:45 PM
and yes.... if anyone understood my OP, its the media i'm fed up with, not the "fans"

doas777
July 10th, 2009, 08:45 PM

you make a good point, but I'm not sure I agree. much media coverage is designed to tell us how we feel about somthing rather than to just put the facts out there, and let us decide.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

analysis of quote on snopes: http://www.snopes.com/quotes/goering.asp

Rainstride
July 10th, 2009, 08:48 PM
If it were not for them, the media wouldn't act the way they do.

yeah they would, there corporate controlled whores who say what they are told to say. and right now they are told to talk about MJ. and it will go on for as long as they can make it last.

craigeo
July 10th, 2009, 08:50 PM
well, I think the differance is that I had never heard of OJ (except in The Naked Gun) prior to his car chase. to me, and most americans, that is what he is famous for, not his fuuball.

OJ is famous for his football days... the rest of his stuff was a result of his fame from football.
So, maybe to you he was famous for the other stuff, but I'd argue not to most Americans.

Sorry, way off topic...

swoll1980
July 10th, 2009, 08:55 PM
yeah they would, there corporate controlled whores who say what they are told to say. and right now they are told to talk about MJ. and it will go on for as long as they can make it last.

Really? Who would they be telling the stories to? If no one watched their stupid gossip crap, they wouldn't publish/produce it anymore. All the media is doing is supplying a demand. Do you ever wonder why there are no television reality shows about paint drying?

Rainstride
July 10th, 2009, 08:55 PM
*sigh*

Amazing how Micheal Jackson is suddenly a tragic figure (see graph on front page).

lol, you misunderstand. i couldn't care less that the pale freak is in a casket. what i meant was the dad was just as much of a child abuser as MJ.

but, whatever, take it how you will:rolleyes:.

Rainstride
July 10th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Really? Who would they be telling the stories to? If no one watched their stupid gossip crap, they wouldn't publish/produce it anymore. All the media is doing is supplying a demand. Do you ever wonder why there are no television reality shows about paint drying?

true, i will give you that. if everyone stopped watching they would disappear. but the problem is people are mindless drones nowadays, unless it is over dramatic or has flashing lights and colours they won't pay any attention.

thats why we still have fox news;).

doas777
July 10th, 2009, 09:02 PM

you would figure that wouldn't you. I had the same thought initially. unfourtunatly humans are too social. we tend to begin to believe the things we hear repeated, especially if we are being told by someone who we think looks and sounds like they know the answer. 70% of your words are judged based on your appearance, 20% on your voice, and only 10% is what you actually say.

the only reason we have the news, is so Rupert Murdock can tell us how we feel about stuff. and tell us how dumb we must be if we disagree.

I'm pretty sure that even if every channel started running nothing but old "Happy Days" episodes, the talk arround the water cooler would be about Joanie and Chachi. most folks watch whats on.

Rainstride
July 10th, 2009, 09:07 PM
you would figure that wouldn't you. I had the same thought initially. Unfourtunatly humans are too social. We tend to begin to believe the things we hear repeated, especially if we are being told by someone who we think looks and sounds like they know the answer. 70% of your words are judged based on your appearance, 20% on your voice, and only 10% is what you actually say.

The only reason we have the news, is so rupert murdock can tell us how we feel about stuff. And tell us how dumb we must be if we disagree.

I'm pretty sure that even if every channel started running nothing but old "happy days" episodes, the talk arround the water cooler would be about joanie and chachi. Most folks watch whats on.

+1

mynameinc
July 10th, 2009, 10:22 PM
No, if you are mad because Michael Jackson's death is on some channels (I don't watch television; I'm neutral) be mad at the people. Trust me: if everyone in the world turned off the news when his death came across the screen, they would find new news. And its not the only thing on television (SHOCK!), so the people want to see it.

The media is like any other business: you give the customers what they want. What is a store in a farming community stopped carrying fertilizer? Customers would go to a store that did, and rather quickly. What if Nickelodeon started running nohting but My Wife and Kids reruns? Kids would stop watching, and rather quickly. The people want coverage of the death of Michael Jackson, so the media is feeding it to them.

KiwiNZ
July 10th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I am closing this

R.I.P