PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] 24 hour digital clock?

jpmallory
July 10th, 2009, 03:50 PM
kubuntu 9.04

Where is the setting to change the clock from a 12-hour to a 24-hour format? I'm certain it's right in front of me, but I keep overlooking it.

gettinoriginal
July 13th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Don't run kubuntu, but found this, hope it helps :p
Right-clicking on the clock, select Time & Date Format. Under the Time & Dates tab choose "pH:MM:SS AMPM" for time format makes it 12hr, so there must be a setting for 24hr.

krazyd
July 13th, 2009, 05:44 PM
System Settings > Regional & Language > Country/Region & Language > Time & Dates (tab) > Time Format

Mirge
July 20th, 2009, 03:48 AM
I'm actually trying to change mine FROM 24 hour time to 12 hour time...

If I right-click the clock and go to "Adjustable clock settings".. it has it formatted as:

%H:%M:%S

I tried %pH, but it doesn't work.. just literally puts %pH

ecmatter
July 20th, 2009, 04:11 AM
man date

lindsay_keir
August 3rd, 2010, 08:44 PM
Like Mirge, my problem is [WAS] trying to display a 12-hour AMPM clock.

I used System Settings > Regional & Language > Time & Dates >
Selected from the Time Format drop down list pH:MM:SS AMPM... and the time looks good in the Settings display.
... and re-booted

BUT the Desktop's display on the bottom-right of the whatever-its-called panel continues to display the 24-hour clock.

I then did the same thing and switched to a 24-hour clock.... and re-booted

I then did the same thing and switched to a 12-hour clock.... and re-booted

Hey! It's now displaying the 12-hour clock!

I don't recall this being a problem before Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS

owlstead
October 8th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Another method is simply restarting the panel after setting the right time format in the Locale system settings. Mine crashed, which came in handy, as it automatically restarted. Adding the digital clock widget after that did the trick. This means that logging out and in should work as well. Note that the Locale does say that you need to restart applications, and the panel is simply an application in this regard.

overdrank
October 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5451/necromancing.jpg
From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy).

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
Thread closed.