PDA

View Full Version : New browser title for the GNOME people

maruchan
January 24th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Whenever my main browser barfs on a web page, I think, "what was the name of that GNOME browser again? Then I start typing it in GNOME's Command Line applet. I suck at all these crazy names though, so I usually end up with this non-working combination of "Epiphany," "Galeon," and "Evolution":

"(?)Evangelion"

I laugh at myself every time, but that's what comes out. I think that's a manga or something? Anyway, if you put all those apps together in one web browser/email client maybe it would be like one of those Voltron-style robots, so perhaps Evangelion would be a good name for it. ;) Something for the GNOME devs to think about.

borisattva
January 24th, 2006, 09:59 AM
:-s

fuscia
January 24th, 2006, 12:41 PM
and the morale of the story is - never stir a mess.

engla
January 24th, 2006, 06:13 PM
No, that's really cool.

:mrgreen:

BSDFreak
January 24th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Whenever my main browser barfs on a web page, I think, "what was the name of that GNOME browser again? Then I start typing it in GNOME's Command Line applet. I suck at all these crazy names though, so I usually end up with this non-working combination of "Epiphany," "Galeon," and "Evolution":

"(?)Evangelion"

I laugh at myself every time, but that's what comes out. I think that's a manga or something? Anyway, if you put all those apps together in one web browser/email client maybe it would be like one of those Voltron-style robots, so perhaps Evangelion would be a good name for it. ;) Something for the GNOME devs to think about.

ln -s /usr/bin/evolution /usr/bin/evangelion (or Evangelion if you need the capital E)

Why don't you use the menu or create add a quicklanch or desktop icon for it instead?

If one were to put all those three crappy programs into one program it would be crappy x 3. :(

majikstreet
January 24th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Rofl.