PDA

View Full Version : DS Games

Mehall
July 10th, 2009, 12:16 AM
What ds games should I get?

And for that matter, what would you do with a DS, beyond just playing games?

Already got myself a pdf reader (that I'm struggling to make work atm :/ )

mamamia88
July 10th, 2009, 12:53 AM
geometry wars was always my favorite or mario kart don't play my ds much too be hones

blueshiftoverwatch
July 10th, 2009, 01:18 AM
What ds games should I get?
I haven't played my DS in years. But when I did Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time was kinda neat. As was Animal Crossing DS. Although Animal Crossing is kind of shallow in that theirs not much to do. Plant trees, gather seashells, dig for treasure, go fishing, and talk to the townspeople is about all there is. It's not something that your going to play for hours and hours every day. It's more of a half hour a day type of thing.

Mehall
July 10th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Already got Harvest Moon. Should probably pick up Animal Crossing too.

Got Trackmania down too.

dragos240
July 10th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Get a supercard and get DS linux. That'll keep ya occupied.

rolleander
July 10th, 2009, 01:41 AM

That looks fun - also try ScummVM for DS if you like the old point n click adventures. As for actual DS games - I like FF CC Echoes of Time - has online play too - cross-platform with wii, but i think the ds vers is better

Mehall
July 10th, 2009, 01:42 AM

I got an r4 instead, and just putting DSLinux on it as we speak.

Already had a browser, MSN client and pdf reader before I made this thread ;)

Nevon
July 10th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Heh, I've tried putting Linux on my DS too. Sadly, it ran out of system memory right away after booting. :(

Grant A.
July 10th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon SoulSilver (when it comes out), Pokémon HeartGold (when it comes out), Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (both DS versions).

I hope you enjoy your new DS. :)

brandonman
July 10th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Tetris! Somebody already beat me to Super Mario 64. :( Those two are about all I have played on that thing.

drascus
July 10th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Grand theft Auto is great. Ninja Gaden, Rhythm heaven, Kirby, DS linux is cool but if you have one of the new DS's it won't work they haven't figured out all the hardware and such yet. but there is tons of home brew stuff out there for DS. if you got one of the new DS's tell me how you like it I am kind of interested in getting one.