PDA

View Full Version : [other] I really need help

crq91
July 9th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Alright. well i have been using ubuntu for about a year and acouple days ago i reinstalled windows xp on my isperon e1705 laptop and i installed all the drivers but when i try to install my video driver it says that some of the files needed to install this arre either missing or crupt....i would really aprechate any help...if you need any more info just ask

coffeecat
July 9th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Are you talking about Windows or Linux drivers here? If Windows, are you trying to install the video drivers off a CD? Does the Inspiron E1705 have a nvidia graphics card? If yes to the last two questions, then go to the nvidia website and download the Windows driver suitable for your card. Then install.

If you mean you get this error in Ubuntu, then if you tell us exactly how you are trying to install the video driver someone might be able to help.

crq91
July 10th, 2009, 07:43 PM
yeah it is windows drivers and it is off the CD. but when i try to install it off the CD it says files are missing and its a Intel Graphics driver for 915GM solutions

crq91
July 10th, 2009, 09:18 PM
ive done everything i can and isk what one to download form that sight....do you know how i can find out

crq91
July 10th, 2009, 09:20 PM
fomr that website what one should i install?