PDA

View Full Version : How many people know what they actually do for a living?? lol In words and Philosophy

jasonsmr
July 9th, 2009, 04:23 PM
How many People actually know what they do for a living?

Hi I didn't know where to post stands *This is a Letter of introduction for myself to the Ubuntu Community and basically everything about me, lol (NOTE: Inclusion is my professional carrier So its maybe tec related)~let me know.

My intent here with this post and with the poll* see bottom of post.
Is to seek members out in this community and to find similarity connections and discussion basically what we think we do and what we practice. Including what we think we do best for Work and for Fun on our Servers and on out P.C.'s. Utilizing the Ubuntu System and (other Linux based systems archetypes.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
My Introductions

So far looking good > soon I was thinking about trying to make a job out of having a computer, I have never made money out of this thing since I built it. Im a 30 year collage GRAD (in MI) currently looking to relocate anywhere. Ether by opening up a YK (branch store or office) or opening another there in a separate entity, thats the Big Dream.

Im no electrical designer , However I did take 5 years Drafting , So Im a quick study on standards and layouts and logistics for electrical switching and complex logarithms, hence the Sin wave data study.

I'm a basic collage student grad, from Ferris State U. I graduated in Product design engineering ~ what that is is a process, I do stuff with products ;)
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

WHAT I DO:or think I do

What I DO. I am a Product design Engineer, I research a Idea for Uniqueness, need, demand, and my personal interest (I have to like what I do) and I develop the idea into a product, like a new and improved Ronco Plasma Laser! or you get the idea:

It has to have a need or Improvement on existing or new product. Then I design it, using Standards for the country.

For the project reports I do: they generally contain all things required to make a product project costs,(reoccurring and non reoccurring) prototyping sections, patents section, research section, competition section, design section, alternative designs section, costs breakdown section, market analysis section, suppliers section, with links to BOM, Excel data and graphs, and maneuverability sections are preferable however those extend the length of the project report.
Business Plan, like stuff

The Poll

My intention with the poll is to seek again out that connection from ever one. To ask a question what do I do its simple question, fresh out of collage I think they stamp us with a invisible bar code that some how affects us to automatically saying hello my name is **** what I do is *** this is what I can do for you ****. ;)

Basically there are many forms of play and work out there and in all these categorizes there is a way to accomplish what we put into it, thats what we do, and In the specific case of the Ubuntu or Linux OS, we use a computer.

I would be curious and like to know (withing reasonably listed categorical multiple choice pool, what it is You the reader do?

+ _ _ _ _ +_ _ _ _+_ _ _ _ + ____+___+__ +__+ ___+ ___+___+ ____+_ _ _ _ + _ _ _ _+ _ _ _ _+

Categorical explanations

Research = The work or act of seeking out a need or problem that needs to be solved and recording free writing or otherwise defining that problem, (or previous product like a patent)

Design = The work or act of finding a need or product that is previously defined and structuring it so that it is defined and can be solvable, basically coming up with a product satisfies a need, or problem; this process is designing and it theoretically defines in addition can and should probably find a practical application like slicing bread, or preserving cookies over the winter or from you 5 year old ;) = cookie jar

Making = gathering said above info. for the need and the design of a project, in order to make the idea a realized product. Or in some cases modifying a product or application to make it better example is a pool or a survey collects infos for a new design and it is then revised in a new version. think what things could better what Ubuntu currently has? Is this what I mostly do? In the case of manufacturing It is a process also.

Optimization = This process is perhaps one not unlike the others while also standing alone it is different, examples of this one can best define it: Such is in a manufacturing plant we look to the floor room show for machines servers or cables that are not preforming we jot or write it down for future ref. then when we go thou this process we can make sure it ether doesn't happen or will be resolved in future through design an action. On the internet and on a server similarity I would like to know what people do to optimize.?

This optimization can occur with data collection and then revision on an already existing product this is the most common case and may be what companies want. It also is used after the above occurs in manufacturing or in software releases it is the debugging process that Microsoft uses. lol for a lack of a better example when they release their products, normally there is a buffer or a inspection however that is the numbers, and is leveled out to accept before release of actual products for safety,. In new product design products this occurs at the end it is buffered to as in actual practice.

So what does every one Think they are, lol a Blue Red Green or Purple people eater? lol

Thanks

That is what I do, I am Jason Rupright,

Thanks mates,

An Eye For an Eye Makes The Whole World Blind~~Gandhi

unknownPoster
July 9th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I know basic net etiquette for one...

Please don't yell...

jasonsmr
July 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Well aside from your soul apparently (no aesthetics and the art of the blood soul and your personal vendettas not to answer this question aside) please any one wanna clue me in, maybe I want to actually LIKE What I do for a living that would be what Im actualy attempting to accomplish here,.

The art of installing implementing and controling data flow, for a business, thats what were higherd to do, the art of allowing data to be used accessed and played and is time well spent for others and ourselves Does any one agree with this Idea?

Wll heres a link to a securities software firm, Im applying to, I may be wayy out of my comfortability base here, however as a product designer I figure the R& D team wuld be great fun for sales prospects, manufacturing quotes and for a project design manager position. The thing is I dont know or know next to nothing about programing these types of securitiey devices and the stress and application testing and analysis that comes with them,

As I would have to Understand it Security devices would need TESTING!? correct well maybe Ill find something.. its out ther.. ha any one else wanna drop me a line privite message me about this or reply with what 2 $ you can add

forrestcupp
July 17th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I know it's a lot harder to find a job fresh out of college in these economic times. But my advice to you is to look in the field of your expertise. If you know absolutely nothing about the line of work you're applying for, then you probably won't get the job. There are too many people competing that already know all about it.

If you really graduated from college (which spelling must not have been your major :) ), then you obviously have to be somewhat knowledgeable in some field. That's where you need to be looking. There is too much competition out there to try to get a job for which you have nothing to offer.

My other advice to you is to simplify your speech. Just from reading your first post, you make things way more complicated than they need to be. If you're looking for a job, and the interviewer has to be a psychologist or philosopher to figure out what you're trying to say, that's not going to do you any good. Being confusing and unclear in your speech isn't proof of intelligence. ;)

drawkcab
July 18th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I'm a philosopher.

lisati
July 18th, 2009, 05:16 AM
I opine (http://ubuntuforums.org/search.php?do=finduser&u=327635) and I chronicle (http://www.youtube.com/voogdr).

forrestcupp
July 18th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I'm a philosopher.

What are some ways you can make a living as a philosopher?

fatality_uk
July 18th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I am a part-time theoretical physicists and IT director.

drawkcab
July 18th, 2009, 08:55 PM
What are some ways you can make a living as a philosopher?

I teach.

One professor I worked with is a consultant for an artificial intelligence project.

Another designs software languages for naval weapons systems.

Several philosophers work for businesses and hospitals as ethicists.

capnthommo
July 18th, 2009, 09:24 PM
yeah, ok.
i build boats - not very techy maybe, but immensely satisfying. and i get to work in some of the most beautiful surroundings.
just imagine - i go to work in the heart of the countryside by a canal somewhere and shape wood to create the interiors of people's boats. a dream.
cheers
nigel
:D
sorry if this os a little off topic