PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 3 problems

Freezing
July 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM
hey guys am having problem with my warcraft 3 i managed to make the game run smothly even without the

env WINEPREFIX="/home/agathodaimon/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe" -openglbut am having a problem every time I click with my mouse the picture changes for a second and its really annoying and u cant play warcraft 3 like that
But thats only for windowed mode, but if i play full screen everything is alright exept its kinda slow...

Am sure its not a hardware problem.
and this is the picture so u can get the idea :)

thanks.

BlackRoijaX
July 9th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Try disabling Compiz before you play.

Freezing
July 9th, 2009, 12:33 PM
yeah man i dont have it installed by i tryed doing right clock change desktop ... and moved the visual effect from normal to none and actually kinda sovled the problem a its not flikering when i click anymore but its still slow even in openlg any other suggestion ?

thanks again :)

BlackRoijaX
July 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Visual Effects IS Compiz! But anyway I'm glad it sort of worked for you.

As for your slowness issue, it maybe your graphics hardware. Do you know what graphics card/chip it is that you have?

Freezing
July 10th, 2009, 06:12 AM
i dont think so coz it worked fine when i was using windows. Well i just moved to linux am new to it and i like it :P
hmm yeah its ATI 9200Se Family Edition 128MB

I read that there used to be a quite big problem with the Ati graphics card issue on linux ..
But in my opinion it should be a problem coz i was playing this game on my pentium 2 with 8mb graphic card wich was chips set on board, but maybe it is.
And btw really sory didnt read ** Before asking for help with Wine << PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ** (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=885111) as i said am kinda new so till i check everything on the website .
thanks.