PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Nautilus crashes when trying to go on FTP or SFTP directory

Boten
July 9th, 2009, 06:54 AM
This subject has begun yesterday. The system was last updated 3-4 days ago, but before yesterday everything was good. When I'm trying to go on some FTP dir, it crashes with segmentation fault and with message like this:
** (nautilus:4956): WARNING **: Cannot extract frame (252, 0) from the grid

Of course, I didn't make any changes in GNOME and Nautilus configuration for a long time. How can I fix this problem?

raulih
July 9th, 2009, 03:52 PM
This subject has begun yesterday. The system was last updated 3-4 days ago, but before yesterday everything was good. When I'm trying to go on some FTP dir, it crashes with segmentation fault and with message like this:
** (nautilus:4956): WARNING **: Cannot extract frame (252, 0) from the grid

Of course, I didn't make any changes in GNOME and Nautilus configuration for a long time. How can I fix this problem?

I've experienced this today on SFTP connection too: nautilus just closes, desktop icons disappear and nautilus has to be started from Alt+F2 to get them back. Happens every time when trying to open SFTP directory. Likewise, no problems previously.

raulih
July 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I've experienced this today on SFTP connection too: nautilus just closes, desktop icons disappear and nautilus has to be started from Alt+F2 to get them back. Happens every time when trying to open SFTP directory. Likewise, no problems previously.

Only recent change I remember, is that I installed Ubuntu One two days ago. Could this be the cause?

raulih
July 9th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Only recent change I remember, is that I installed Ubuntu One two days ago. Could this be the cause?

Just installed new Ubuntu One related updates in Synaptic, and Nautilus + SFTP seems to work again. See this too https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/395710

blaede22
July 10th, 2009, 06:09 PM

I'm having this same issue. I too recently installed Ubuntu One [after I got invited :)]. I'll try installing the latest updates and see if that solves it for me as well.