PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution stops receiving emails

afonteijn
July 8th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I have been happily using evolution for the last 2 years now. Just last week evolution (2.26.1 on Jaunty x86) stopped randomly receiving some messages and then stopped receiving any. I can still send but not receive.

I noticed however, that the e-mail from my exchange was still being synchronized, but those from my pop3 not anymore. I decided to move all my e-mails to a separate folder and delete ~/.evolution/mail/local/inbox . After this the inbox file was recreated I moved all my emails back and the problem seemed solved. Until yesterday that is.

Now I am unable to receive both pop3 and exchange e-mails. I can still send, not receive. I have downloaded evolution and built it from source. No change however.

As I have never had this problem before and it started just out of the blue... I am thinking that it might have something to do with the size of my e-mail box. the ~/.evolution folder currently contains 3.4gb. Other than that I have not clue.
Any help is welcome!

andrea000
July 9th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Just a quick note i had a problem like that right after
i installed ubuntu one i had to go to file and reclick
work online and evolution worked fine ever sense.Don't
know if it helps or not but i hope it does.

afonteijn
July 9th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Hi Andrea,
Thanks for your comment. However, this doesn't do the trick for me. I just noticed that I received one e-mail out of four that were sent recently. The two last e-mails I did receive were also from the same person. It almost looks like evolution is selective in who it lets through and who not. (I just took a look at the filters, but nothing strange there)