PDA

View Full Version : MS says no fix for bad security problem..

cptrohn
July 8th, 2009, 05:28 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2009-07-06-microsoft-secuurity-risk_N.htm

Woormy
July 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM
And?

imlinux
July 8th, 2009, 08:36 PM
i think its their move for people to quit windows xp as they are nearing launch of windows7. its pathetic how they do things.exact nature of problem is not even explained properly, only a general idea is given,off course there is always a vulnerability in any system, i fairly believe they are trying to scare people to migrate to windows7 who are still using windows xp.

Giant Speck
July 8th, 2009, 08:44 PM
i think its their move for people to quit windows xp as they are nearing launch of windows7. its pathetic how they do things.exact nature of problem is not even explained properly, only a general idea is given,off course there is always a vulnerability in any system, i fairly believe they are trying to scare people to migrate to windows7 who are still using windows xp.

If this is a deliberate attempt by Microsoft to scare users into migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7, why would they do it this early? Windows 7 isn't even going to start selling on new computers until October, and a boxed version won't be available until at least January 2010.

GeneralZod
July 8th, 2009, 08:52 PM
"yet"

.Maleficus.
July 8th, 2009, 08:56 PM
"yet"
Good, at least one other person read the entire article (or the entire title actually).

gpsmikey
July 8th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Actually if you check out the M$ KB article, it does give a fair amount of information on what the issue is (yes, I have read it).
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972890

mikey

BlackRoijaX
July 8th, 2009, 09:21 PM
M$ says no fix ***YET*** for bad security problem..

imlinux
July 8th, 2009, 09:30 PM
If this is a deliberate attempt by Microsoft to scare users into migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7, why would they do it this early? Windows 7 isn't even going to start selling on new computers until October, and a boxed version won't be available until at least January 2010.

it takes time for words to spread.