PDA

View Full Version : Good open source cd burner for winblows xd

dragos240
July 8th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Hi, what is a good open source cd burner for winblows xd?

Arup
July 8th, 2009, 12:29 PM
If you mean XP, ImgBurn is among the best, has plenty of options including OPC feature. www.imageburn.com

Majorix
July 8th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I would also suggest ImgBurn, and CDBurnerXP is also an option.

szymon_g
July 8th, 2009, 12:31 PM

what is 'winblows xd'? how, if it is, is it related to Windows XP

dragos240
July 8th, 2009, 12:34 PM
what is 'winblows xd'? how, if it is, is it related to Windows XP

I'm poking fun at windows' name. I hate windows.

infestor
July 8th, 2009, 12:34 PM
i once tried infrarecorder...dont....it sux

Dragonbite
July 8th, 2009, 01:56 PM
This is good to know. I may be installing Windows XP soon on a system, and I don't want to shell out a ton of money for things if there is an open source alternative!

RiceMonster
July 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I'm poking fun at windows' name. I hate windows.

Please cut it out; it's not funny. It's overdone and frankly annoying.

Tristam Green
July 8th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I hate windows.

Sorry to hear that, but may I ask what it did to *you* personally that bred such a strong emotion?

Sealbhach
July 8th, 2009, 02:17 PM

I disagree.

Dragonbite
July 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM

I agree (even though I'm also guilty of it, but not lately)

JohnFH
July 8th, 2009, 03:00 PM

Hear, hear! You spoke your mind, and you also spoke mine.

Closed_Port
July 8th, 2009, 03:19 PM

You know what's really annoying:
That every time someone writes something silly like M$ or windblows a dozen people have to hijack the threat to tell him how terrible it is to do so. Why can't you just find it silly and be done with it?

Instead you insist on totally derailing a thread, which is really annoying for people like me who, you know, were interested in the subject.

That said, thanks to the guys who gave suggestions. I'm also looking for a free and most importantly simple to use CD burner for windows and will check out your suggestions.

JohnFH
July 8th, 2009, 03:46 PM
You know what's really annoying:
That every time someone writes something silly like M$ or windblows a dozen people have to hijack the threat to tell him how terrible it is to do so. Why can't you just find it silly and be done with it?

Instead you insist on totally derailing a thread, which is really annoying for people like me who, you know, were interested in the subject.

That said, thanks to the guys who gave suggestions. I'm also looking for a free and most importantly simple to use CD burner for windows and will check out your suggestions.

It can be even more annoying when someone who is annoyed at the hijack continues the hijack by saying they are annoyed with it and complains that people shouldn't say they are annoyed otherwise it will annoy other people. Why can't they just be annoyed silently and be done with it? Why can't we all just agree?

(Tongue-in-cheek).

mamamia88
July 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM
i always just used the built in tools in windows media player to rip then burn

Closed_Port
July 8th, 2009, 04:01 PM
It can be even more annoying when someone who is annoyed at the hijack continues the hijack by saying they are annoyed with it and complains that people shouldn't say they are annoyed otherwise it will annoy other people. Why can't they just be annoyed silently and be done with it? Why can't we all just agree?

(Tongue-in-cheek).
:D
I agree, of course my post was off-topic too. No doubt about it.

As to ignoring this:
1. I do get the impression that many people would be surprised to find out that they might annoy people when they descend on a thread to point out that you shouldn't say M$ or similar. So I simply hoped to maybe make some aware of this issue.
2. When I made my post the thread was already off-topic.

That being said, now let's get this thread back on topic!

gletob
July 8th, 2009, 04:38 PM
The best (next to DVDecryptor, so sad they had to stop development)

http://cdburnerxp.se/

Cenotaph
July 8th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I don't have many CDburning needs, only the ocassional CD/DVD to install an OS, mostly Windows as i install linux with USB drives.

In those rare ocassions i use infrarecorder, it does the job. Might not be advanced, but its enough.

starcraft.man
July 8th, 2009, 05:23 PM

Setting aside the inane (I like that word!) chatter over the winblows comment, here's a nice list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_optical_disc_authoring_software)of authoring software. Nicely categorized I might add into open source, freeware and commercial. I assume since you said open source instead of free you did so on purpose.

Only really two that I know of, infrarecorder and cdrtfe (http://cdrtfe.sourceforge.net/cdrtfe/index_en.html) A smaller project, I thought it used to have a wiki page...

kk0sse54
July 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM
i once tried infrarecorder...dont....it sux

Why? I use infrarecorder all the time and it works perfectly for me.

ArtF10
July 8th, 2009, 06:39 PM
when you have 200 mb on a cd and want to add 145 mb worth of files, you have to FIRST copy ALL the 200 mb onto the hard drive, format the media(CD/DVD) and THEN add all 345 mb TOGETHER onto the CD/DVD through infraredorder.

I just tried directly adding files without formatting the media a few days ago and it WOULD NOT do it!

Other than for very basic requirements, Infrarecorder sucks!

Twitch6000
July 8th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Imgburn is the best free software cd burner.

For paid ones Nero is the best.

moster
July 8th, 2009, 07:05 PM

I do not really know.
But here is tip if you are going to windows, carry this with yourself:

:biggrin:

swoll1980
July 8th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Why? I use infrarecorder all the time and it works perfectly for me.

I never had any problems with infrarecorder either.

dragos240
July 8th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I do not really know.

hahahahahaha! A ctrl + alt + del key presser! LOL!

doorknob60
July 8th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I do not really know.

Lawl :lolflag:

I always use Infrarecorder (http://infrarecorder.org/). Never had any problems with it, although I still prefer almost every Linux alternative like K3b, oh well.