PDA

View Full Version : IE8 vs Firefox vs Chrome -- from Microsoft's perspective

Ralphie
July 8th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I was laughing when I saw this one,
The most legitimate browser shootout. (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/get-the-facts/browser-comparison.aspx)

My favorite quote,

Firefox and Chrome have more support for emerging standards like HTML5 and CSS3, but Internet Explorer 8 invested heavily in having world-class, consistent support for the entire CSS2.1 specification.

You might have to be a web developer to understand the humor in some of this, but it's pretty darn good.

CJ Master
July 8th, 2009, 07:02 AM
It's a brilliant campain, really. The people that know better generally use firefox/chrome/whatever anyway

kpkeerthi
July 8th, 2009, 07:31 AM
/rant
Its 2009. And M$ never managed to fix the annoying flicker when a page is refreshed/reloaded, mostly visible when the page loads instantly. Firefox does it beautifully and there is absolutely no flicker.
\rant

Sand & Mercury
July 8th, 2009, 08:20 AM
At first seeing that much of that comparison is nothing but blatant lies made me angry, but then the thought that only retards would ever believe it made me feel a bit better. In the end, what will tip the scales is how good their product is, not how many tall tales they can tell.