PDA

View Full Version : Firefox-3.5 is here finally for Ubuntu

abhi_69
July 7th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hello all,
after lots of discussion & long wait firefox-3.5 is finally here for ubuntu 9.04.....
ubuntu-mozilla-security team has finished their testing & just release firefox-3.5 for ubuntu. it is in jaunty-update repo. now.
i have ubuntu-mozilla-security PPA enabled & i just install it from
there. although, its branded with shiretoko still.
inspite of this little thing, i install it becoz its much stable now.
i already edit my ubuntu menu & remove old firefox-3.0.11 from there & rename shiretoko with firefox & of course i change the logo also....i just do it for pleasure.....don't want to see shiretoko+round blue globe in my menu.
i tested it. it is really faster than firefox 3.0.11. although, i hav a lot of add-ons, its faster than old firefox (even than opera 9.64 or flock 2.5). every plugins (like-flash, totem-mozilla etc.) works like charm in firefox-3.5
i have no problem with it still. i try to load many websites via it & everything is ok.
so, u all can try it. i hope all will enjoy faster browsing via firefox-3.5.
Cheers!!!!!
:lolflag:

i 1st get this news from sistoviejo of uruguay. lots of thanks to him....

lovinglinux
July 8th, 2009, 12:25 AM
The 4 most popular methods of installation of Firefox 3.5 (Psychocats, Ubuntuzilla, Repository, Shiretoko/Swiftfox) are available in the "Install Other Versions" section of the Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1193567&highlight=FOT).

There is also a detailed explanation of each installation method provided, comparing the most important differences. I personally tested all of them and they work like a charm, but I recommend methods 1 (Psychocats) and 2 (Ubuntuzilla).