PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Package Manger Borked

pbeesley
July 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
for the love of god please help me :(

since install the ubuntuone-client I've had NOTHING but problems. The system crashed while installing and I now can't uninstall, reinstall or remove the offending item. When trying to run 'package manager' I get this error

E: The package ubuntuone-client needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.
E: Internal error opening cache (1). Please report.

how helpful. :S

I get that same error when trying to reinstall the damn thing. sudo apt-get -f install fails with the same message and I'm going insane.........please help me :(

pbeesley
July 9th, 2009, 11:24 AM
anyone :(

robert shearer
July 9th, 2009, 11:43 AM
This may hold an answer....
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/package-installation-error-and-solution.html

prshah
July 9th, 2009, 11:44 AM
E: The package ubuntuone-client needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.
E: Internal error opening cache (1). Please report.

I'm guessing that this is because it cannot find the ubuntuone-client package in the repositories; how did you originally install it? If you used a .deb, use the following command to (re)install it
sudo dpkg -i ubuntuone-client.deb

or try dumping the deb file in /var/cache/apt/archives/
sudo cp -p ubuntuone-client.deb /var/cache/apt/archives/ and then using apt-get.

OK now I realise that you have to enable a custom PPA for the ubuntuone client, and then apt-get it. I assume this is the route you took. In that case, have you tried
sudo apt-get install --reinstall ubuntuone-client?