PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Taking off xubuntu-desktop package!!

Aidenstar
July 7th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I recently downloaded the xubuntu-desktop package, to see if it worked better with my system specs. Which I found out it didn't. Now I want to take it off. Ordinarily I wouldn't care but I noticed that when I downloaded it, it reinstalled some of the programs I already had (ex. dictionary which I have 2 now) and some other one's that I don't want. How do I completely take it off my system including all apps and everything? Please help... I would really appreciate it. I'm running Ubuntu 9.04.

kerry_s
July 7th, 2009, 08:33 AM
xubuntu-desktop is just a metapackage, uninstalling it won't remove anything. just use synaptic to uninstall all the stuff you don't want.

Aidenstar
July 7th, 2009, 08:35 AM
xubuntu-desktop is just a metapackage, uninstalling it won't remove anything. just use synaptic to uninstall all the stuff you don't want.

Is that the only way to do it? Because that would take a while...

Aidenstar
July 7th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks but I solved it...its probably a good idea to see if someone else has posted the same question, before posting it again..:lolflag: Sorry for any inconvenience.

XubuRoxMySox
July 7th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks but I solved it...

How? Share with the rest of us so we don't have to repeat your question ourselves someday.

Aidenstar
July 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Oh, sorry by going to this website. http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnome

If you follow the directions its really easy to take it off. This website has a lot of other useful things too.