PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can some one give me a little advice?

darkknight85
July 7th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Well I have been running various flavors of Linux. Everything from Puppy to Elive I first got my laptop a Gateway M305CRV about 4 1/2 months ago. It of course had the "Butterfly Virus" better known as Widows or "Winblows" from "Microslut" or Microsoft. Well any way it has a 2.4Ghz Pentium 4 M processer in it. I dont really like GNOME (There isn't anything worng with it.) I preffer XFCE or KDE anyway I am cuerntly using Ubuntu but would like to try Xubuntu. Does anyone think that this would be smart for me. I am still a bit of a n00b but as another linux forum has said "Even a guro starts as a noob."

Would very much apreciate the assist.
Thank you very munch in Advance.....

poltiser
July 7th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I did try KDE XFCE and LXDE and all the time I am returning to gnome...
You can just try...
If you are using only 1 language, or only main languages of the distribution, any of those should be good for you.
The only restriction I found which bugs me a lot is limited use of aspell in other distributions (in KDE you can select it as a main engine)...
Enjoy!

darkknight85
July 8th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Well I thank you very much. Also I was wondering if you have tried Opengeu (Gnome+Enlightenment+Ubuntu) and if so how was it. I did like enlightenment when i tried Elive so if it comes with the Ubuntu goodness it should be pretty cool.... I did try Xfce after all thought it kinda lame.