PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Pidign won't transfer files with AIM in windows

jumbofishmeat
July 7th, 2009, 01:21 AM
File transfers won't work with Pidgin to any AIM client (windows). Every time (whether incoming or outcoming), Pidgin displays that the other user has terminated the file transfer. I've tried on both Intrepid and Jaunty, and the file transfer in Pidgin doesn't work on either.

Any ideas?

kevdog
July 7th, 2009, 03:51 AM
There is an ongoing problem with AIM and Pidgin. Just an FYI. I have no idea of the problem, but others have complained of this too. I would recommend a different solution if possible --- possibly an ftp site or something like that!

Crafty Kisses
July 7th, 2009, 06:36 AM
File transfers won't work with Pidgin to any AIM client (windows). Every time (whether incoming or outcoming), Pidgin displays that the other user has terminated the file transfer. I've tried on both Intrepid and Jaunty, and the file transfer in Pidgin doesn't work on either.

Any ideas?

I've encountered this problem, the problem lies within what AIM versions the user on Windows is using. If they are using newer versions of AIM file transfers tend to terminate out of nowhere. If it's a small file, have the person just e-mail it to you, or as suggested above use an FTP.