View Full Version : weird question...

July 6th, 2009, 05:15 PM
The back of my computer has an opening where something once was and dirt is getting in there. Cleaned it up and put it back together but now I need to find something to fill the hole. Its a slot like where a video card would go. I just know the answer to this is going to be so simple I'll feel stupid, but I searched and couldn't find what I need cause - I don't know what its called! So is there a cover for those slots that you can buy and what on earth is it called?

and yeah, you can laugh at me - I am! :)


July 6th, 2009, 05:17 PM
You need a computer blanking plate eg.


I only use that site as an example of what you need, not as an endorsement on where to get it.

July 6th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Yea, don't buy it. Assuming I guessed what you're talking about correctly, just go to a used computer store or junkyard or something like NextStep Recycling. Those places have slot covers coming out of their ears (figuratively) and would be happy to have you take one off their ears. Incidentally, tape can be used in a pinch. Preferably electrical tape or some other tape that doesn't electrostatically charge (term?)...


July 6th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Yay! Thanks!