PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Different resolution in dual monitor creates cursor "blind spot"

relix
July 6th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Since this must be a common situation, I tried searching for similar questions but couldn't dig up anything, probably due to keyword-mismatch. I apologize in advance.

I have two monitors in a dual monitor setup: one which is 1920x1200 and one which is 1280x1024. Using TwinView this creates a "blind spot" of 1280x176 at the top of the smaller monitor where I can move the cursor but cannot see it.

Is there a way to keep the mouse from going into this area?

BbUiDgZ
July 6th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Since this must be a common situation, I tried searching for similar questions but couldn't dig up anything, probably due to keyword-mismatch. I apologize in advance.

I have two monitors in a dual monitor setup: one which is 1920x1200 and one which is 1280x1024. Using TwinView this creates a "blind spot" of 1280x176 at the top of the smaller monitor where I can move the cursor but cannot see it.

Is there a way to keep the mouse from going into this area?

you've went one better than me,
when i tried (back in 7.10) i couldnt get two screens to output to different resolutions. I gave up

relix
July 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
you've went one better than me,
when i tried (back in 7.10) i couldnt get two screens to output to different resolutions. I gave up

It's easy on the latest versions of Ubuntu, just install the restricted drivers and use the configuration app (nvidia-settings if you've got Nvidia). It even works without reboot.

wojox
July 6th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Have you tried increasing the resolution to take care of the blind spot?

relix
July 6th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Have you tried increasing the resolution to take care of the blind spot?

My monitor doesn't support the resolution, nvidia-settings doesn't allow me to set it higher.

amites
December 6th, 2009, 12:52 AM
any chance you could post your xorg.conf for the rest of us?

I just added a 22" to a former 17" dual (now 22" + 17") and getting frustrated

though I've learned enough along the way that I might be able to fix both of our issues