PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't install 9.04 desktop edition on 1505fp dell monitor

pricinosus
July 6th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Hello

My install stuck !!!!
The TFT 1505fp dell 15" monitor can't handle resolution during start of 9.04 installation. JUst a black screen , and can't go further ](*,) I bet .. on CRT monitor, the installation wiil work.

I saw in download section "Netbook remix - designed for small screens". Should i try this?
THis notebook remix is diferent from desktop edition?(except "small screens")?

thank you

---------------------------------------------------------

last edit: "netbook remix" >>>>>> "An Intel Atom processor" so it not work on my amd64 processor

I only have 1505 fp monitor hooked to my ASUS X1300 video card is there a chance to install Ubuntu 9.04 ????

Thank you again

zeroseven0183
July 6th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Before the installation begins, there is an option on the first screen to choose the resolution, select from that menu (I don't remember it, I guess it's Accesibility).

Ubuntu Netbook Remix is designed for netbooks.

You said you have a 64-bit machine? Download the 64-bit version of Ubuntu at http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

pricinosus
July 6th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Thank you for reply zeroseven0183

My installation stuck before that, I think ?!?!?!?!
I don't see anything like that. First screen invite me to choose language and after trhat, my monitor displaying something :"Can't display this resolution" and goes black in stand by.

I will try with 64bit, but i heard there are problems.

Thank you

pricinosus
July 8th, 2009, 12:39 PM
SOLVED

Moderators please close this thread.

I have installed ubuntu 9.04 amd64

The problem was in my bios. USB suport wasn't enabled and can't use, during start of instalation, my keyboard and mouse. The install start automatically, if no option is selected, and goes in higher display mode my monitor can't manage with.

You can change that, choosing "MODES" , then coose safe.

Thank you (me) ;-)

SOLVED

pricinosus
July 8th, 2009, 12:41 PM
:-({|=