PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Keyboard key missing in jaunty

denni
July 6th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Im using ubuntu 9.04 jaunty with a great success but one thing is bothering me and that is that the key above ctrl http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=120106&stc=1&d=1246853749and beside left-shift is not working at all. Have tasted this on 3 keyboards. The language is Icelandic.

denni
July 6th, 2009, 10:57 PM
anyone got answare about a missing key in the keyboard. Think it is a bug in the keyboard settings in jaunty.

shel-hall
July 7th, 2009, 01:15 AM
anyone got answare about a missing key in the keyboard. Think it is a bug in the keyboard settings in jaunty.
That physical key (i.e. one to the left of Z) doesn't exist on the US 101-key keyboard, though it does on the French-Canadian one, so it must return a code of some sort if it's there. Somewhere there must be a table that relates scan codes to characters, but where and how, I have no idea.

Do you say "hilsen" in Icelandic?

-Shel

JC Cheloven
July 7th, 2009, 02:12 AM
It seems to be a bug in the locale for your region. The spanish keyboard also has that key in that place, and works alright. Perhaps you should file a bug in launchpad, if not already done. I'm prety sure that this will very easy to fix for the devel team.