PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu installation and Internet

Aidenstar
July 6th, 2009, 04:59 AM
I am running the Ubuntu Live CD right now...and my internet seems to be working fine. Does that mean when I fully install it and delete windows it will still work? Right now I have Comcast high speed internet. Please help...I don't want to overwrite windows only to find out I no longer have internet. Thanks for any incite you can give me.

SunnyRabbiera
July 6th, 2009, 05:04 AM
I have comcast myself, works fine.
If you can connect to the net on the live CD you will connect to the net on a full install.

Aidenstar
July 6th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Thanks, I'm probably overly paranoid. It's very stressful switching to a new OS.

SunnyRabbiera
July 6th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Well learning a new OS can be a challenge but Ubuntu is quite easy.
The worst bits I say would be multimedia installation as Ubuntu doesnt come with codecs and junk.
But thats easy to remedy, as is the other more common issues with ubuntu.

moster
July 6th, 2009, 09:20 AM
One difference between windows and linux I specially like. It is that linux driver are integrated in kernel. Core of the OS. In practice that mean that you just have to plug in let say USB wireless stick and it will work. No drivers installation, no dlls no nothing...

Problem is most people buy hardware and after that they looking is it compatible with linux. That is source of most problems in ubuntu. Just be aware on that in future.