PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Sound coming from laptop speakers after plugging in microphones

XProflmfao
July 6th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Hi there everyone. I've been having problems recently on how to make only the microphones create sound. For example, when I plug in my microphone, I was expecting only the microphone to create sound; however, my laptop speakers started making sound also. This wouldn't be the case in windows, once you plug in speakers of some sort, my laptop speakers would no longer create any sounds. is there any way to make only the microphone create sound? This would be very important in places such as the library since I won't be able to make a lot of noise, and for example if I watch a video in the library using my laptop, won't that mean everyone else would hear what I'm watching from the laptop speakers? thanks in advance.

P.S. my laptop is a sony vaio. the model # is PGC-7141L. hope that helps if at all.

Edit: I am currently using Maverick Meerkat, and no longer have this problem, so I will be marking this as solved. Anybody with this issue please refer to other threads that have solutions to it.