PDA

View Full Version : Tracfones deceptive business practices/bluetooth feature locked out/looking for hack

faron45
July 6th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Back in late March I purchased a pre-paid cell phone from Tracfone mobile phone services.The phone I purchased is supposed to be bluetooth capable.In fact,I have read numerous reviews from people who state that indeed they are able to transfer pics from this phone [LG 600G] to their computers via bluetooth.Well,I don't know what's wrong with mine [other than the fact that they [Tracfone] have locked out this feature on my phones].And,yes,I said phoneS.Due to problems,I now have 4 of these phones in my posession.

What I'm wondering,is if there is anyone out there who can maybe help me to hack this phone somehow so that I can transfer the pics that I have taken with it to my pc via bluetooth.I purchased this phone for this reason.I also purchased a dongle so I could do this.And,now Tracfone tells me that this is not possible with this phone.NOWHERE in the details for this phone does it state that.In the details for this phone,it states "bluetooth capable" [it's because they want you /me to use their airtime mins so they can make more $ off of us]

Trying to pair up the phone to my pc is what I'm locked out of.When the phone asks me for the passcode,it refuses it.It says "failed to pairing".But,I know it's not due to having the wrong code.The code I know I have "1234",is correct.Can anoyone help ??

Boondoklife
July 6th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Well I would suggest trying to pair it on another system/os just to be sure it is not a compatibility issue. If it does not work on the other setup then really the only option is to search and see if there is a way to flash your phone with an unbranded os. This will generally unlock the potential of a cell phone but not a guarantee.

Jazzy_Jeff
July 6th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Did you call Tracphone customer support to see if they could help you with this?

overdrank
July 6th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Moved to cafe, and I suggest you try and work it out with the supplier.

faron45
July 6th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Jeff-In case you really didn't catch all of that.......I purchased this phone back in late March !!! I have been on the phone with them more than 6 hours total over the course of the last 2 + months !! Each time I have been on the phone with them it has been clos to if not more than an hour at a time !

faron45
July 6th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Boondok...can you elaborate on this "flashing" ? What exactly does this mean ?

Boondoklife
July 6th, 2009, 04:07 AM
There are sites that will flash your phone to different carrier customizations or factory default for a price. You normally need a certain cable and downloaded software that you have to buy from them. This is not an option for all phones but take a look.