PDA

View Full Version : Klondike Solitaire has a sticky ace etc

LarryMi
July 5th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Has anyone else noticed when playing solitaire, the ace almost always seems to be the last card in the stack?

We had some younger players here, and they wanted to try the games in Ubuntu. But after playing Solitaire a few times, asked "why are we playing the same game over and over"? I asked what they meant, and they said even though the cards are shuffled with each new game, the sequence, even thought the suits change, are always the same.

Whatever goes on in these younger kids minds, like when they solve the Rubik Cube, obviously is the same here. They noticed something I didn't; however, now that they brought it to my attention, I notice it too!

ssivil
July 18th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I noticed this too. Does not seem to be a "fair play" game. Coding is not as complicated when you try to stick either an ace or king as the last card and order the deck. Ubuntu, as an operation system, is superb along with so many other wonderful applications. Every once in a while something like this appears.

fromgi
August 8th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I couldn't help but notice this thread. I gave up this version long ago. It is known the cards are stacked and not, because of the fixed logic, a challenging game at all... in fact boring, It is too bad because of the rest of the integrity of the other applications that this kind of application is included.