PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Is there a better way to manage wallpapers?

swinky
July 5th, 2009, 06:02 AM
I apologize is this is already posted, but looking up "wallpaper manager" gives a lot of unrelated threads.

First off, let me say that I am not looking for a wallpaper changer, as I have found many programs that will do that. I don't really need my wallpaper to change randomly.

What I am looking for is a better way to manage my wallpapers. I have amassed quite a collection (and it is still growing) but I can't stand the way Gnome deals with changing the wallpaper (via "appearance preferences"). I very much dislike having to add the wallpapers to the list, then sifting through them all to find the one I want.

After looking through these forums and the internet at large, I sort of doubt there even exists something like what I am looking for, but I figured I'd give it a shot: Ideally I want something that will watch my wallpapers folder (I have more than once not realized a wallpaper wasn't added to the list in the appearance preferences dialog), and allow me to add tags to images for ease of organization.

I'd write such a program myself but I am doubting that one semester of Computer Science 101 would really be enough to do so, so I'm hoping that this exists somewhere out there. Just giving it a shot.

wojox
July 5th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I guess you could just remane them

wallpaper.ilike
wallpaper.ok
wallpaper.07509 today's date