PDA

View Full Version : A peek into the life of a Windows user.

murderslastcrow
July 4th, 2009, 11:15 PM
http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/8071-wobbly-windows-cube-effects.html

After you're aware of even the visual benefits of using Linux, being a Windows user is increasingly difficult. I especially love the part where they start linking to sites with 'sneakware' and the like. XD The only way to get long-lasting cube effects is to buy it on Windows. There's such a huge market for desktop tweaks in Windows, it's kinda' depressing.

Thoughts? I laughed pretty hard a few times. ("I don't want my computer to look like 'Loonix', those effects gave some guy a seizure you know!")

dragos240
July 4th, 2009, 11:22 PM
"I specifically DO NOT want my desktop to look like any form of Loonix. That wobbly window junk caused one guy to go into seizures -- I'll have to find the link..."

Lol.

monsterstack
July 4th, 2009, 11:30 PM
One of the first things I noticed after switching over was the sheer difference in the way Linux software sites present themselves. To find freeware Windows applications you have to include the word "free" somewhere in your Google search, and that will lead you through a maze of ad-infested sites offering trial versions of professional pro software (always advertised as being in a box). Everyone's just trying to make a buck. The claims are more often than not dishonest, too.

To illustrate my point, compare this (http://digitaldump.wordpress.com/projects/rednotebook/) with this (http://www.davidrm.com/).

Linux sites:
RedNotebook is a graphical diary and journal helping you keep track of notes and thoughts. It includes a calendar navigation, customizable templates for each day, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format, tag and search your entries. [Download link.]

Windows sites:
Start today! If you have ever wanted to keep a personal journal, start a diary, or simply organize your many notes, now is the time. The Journal offers a Free 45-day Trial. So Download The Journal today! (Registration required)

CJ Master
July 4th, 2009, 11:31 PM
"I specifically DO NOT want my desktop to look like any form of Loonix. That wobbly window junk caused one guy to go into seizures -- I'll have to find the link..."

Lol.

I admit it. I lol'd.

MikeTheC
July 4th, 2009, 11:33 PM
The life of a Windows user is a sad life indeed.

Gizenshya
July 4th, 2009, 11:34 PM
wow lol

makes me proud :)

*sheds a single tear*

and monsterstack.. you forgot the "(registration required)" in parenthesis after the trial download quote :p

monsterstack
July 4th, 2009, 11:39 PM
you forgot the "(registration required)" in parenthesis after the trial download quote :p

Fixed!

SunnyRabbiera
July 4th, 2009, 11:41 PM

Lol.

Yeh seriously whats he on about, besides Win7 looks like KDE 4.2/3.
Of course one can argue that KDE4 looks like vista, but its come into its own lately.