PDA

View Full Version : This is really weird!

swoll1980
July 4th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Believe it or not, you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit
a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe Amzanig huh?

Michael.Godawski
July 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Ype, we aer olny unsig a slmal prat of oru brians.

We hvae nto flluy uckolend its ptialotenl yte.

CharmyBee
July 4th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Ugh, run a spell check before you post again! I can't read it at all! I don't understand what this is about.

tuskenraider
July 4th, 2009, 07:39 PM
my haed hturs.

lol

tskeun

Rainstride
July 4th, 2009, 07:47 PM

ture. wehn i raed the fsrit psot in tihs terahd, i toghut trehe was smohtnig off.:)

dragos240
July 4th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Ugh, run a spell check before you post again! I can't read it at all! I don't understand what this is about.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit
a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe Amzanig huh?

TRANSLATED

I cannot believe that I could actually understand what I was reading. The phenomenal power of the human mind according to research at Cambridge university, it doesn't matter in what order the letters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the right place.

The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without a problem. This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole. Amazing huh?

tgalati4
July 4th, 2009, 08:28 PM
˙uoʍp ǝıpdsn ƃıupǝɐɹ ʎʇɹ

kamitsukai
July 4th, 2009, 08:38 PM
˙uoʍp ǝıpdsn ƃıupǝɐɹ ʎʇɹ

LOL I was wondering why I could read that and then I realised that it wasn't English xD

swoll1980
July 4th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Yeah it's amazing what the brain is capable of. It's actually a lot harder to type the scrambled mess. than it is to read it. The words have to be four or more letters, for you to scramble them. I got stuck on ype, and yte for a few seconds because the first, and last letters were not where they were supposed to be.

TBOL3
July 4th, 2009, 09:08 PM
You know, I bet this would be a lot harder if your not a native speaker of English.

swoll1980
July 4th, 2009, 09:17 PM
You know, I bet this would be a lot harder if your not a native speaker of English.

I imagine it would work with anyone that could read the language that was scrambled. If you were by lingual it would probably be difficult to figure out what language it was, that was scrambled in the first place, so it might be harder.

cmay
July 4th, 2009, 09:33 PM
i am from Denmark. this is not hard for me to read at all. the only one single word i did not catch first was the word 'mess' but the others i did.

this is really interesting i think. where did you get it.

Marlonsm
July 4th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I've already recieved an email like that. And It's not only for English, it also works in other languages (the one I've seem was in Portuguese).

But it's sure a good way to see how good your English really is, if it's not your first language.

cariboo
July 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM
This has been around for years, even before the internet. I remember reading it in Readers Digest (is it still around?).

BoyOfDestiny
July 4th, 2009, 11:40 PM
˙uoʍp ǝıpdsn ƃıupǝɐɹ ʎʇɹLOL I was wondering why I could read that and then I realised that it wasn't English xD

It is English, well sort of (the word with the inner letters rearranged), it says 'try reading upside down.'

This has been around for years, even before the internet. I remember reading it in Readers Digest (is it still around?).

Radeer's Dgiest is siltl anorud. I jsut raed tihs mthons iusse a few dyas ago...

Gizenshya
July 4th, 2009, 11:44 PM

It is. every non-native English speaker I've showed it to has had a terrible time.

btw, that paragraph, in its various forms, has been around for years.

murderslastcrow
July 5th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I just love the comment, "WTF use a spellcheck next time, I don't even know what this is about." :3 But yeah, I think most of have heard this one already. :O It's still quite interesting, although human language is, in the end, a very basic form of communication. It's not surprising that an artificial language we create could be easily formulated in our minds without correct spelling, and the beginning and end index possible outcomes in our minds.

If you look at it that way, it's only cmoomn ssnee.

days_of_ruin
July 5th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Yes tihs is vrey cool but it is oeldr tahn the irnteent.

swoll1980
July 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Wlel it was nwes to me. Now I jsut hvae to fgirue out how to wirte lkie tihs. I wnoedr if it wroks on fkae wrods lkie "Itnrewbez"

RiceMonster
July 6th, 2009, 04:15 PM
It apepars as if it deos wrok on fkae wrdos lkie "interwebz"

CrazyMonkeyFox
July 6th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Just thinking, a program that did the scrambling for you would not be too hard to write at all. Save all the effort you poor people are putting in.

RiceMonster
July 6th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Just thinking, a program that did the scrambling for you would not be too hard to write at all. Save all the effort you poor people are putting in.

That reminds me of a small C program I wrote a while ago that translates text into pig latin.

CrazyMonkeyFox
July 6th, 2009, 04:29 PM
That reminds me of a small C program I wrote a while ago that translates text into pig latin.

Think everyone programmer has done that at some stage. I'll give this one a go later.

tgalati4
July 7th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I remember seeing a Yoda-speak translator as well.

How about a Yoda-speak translator, that scrambles and prints updside down!

Seihtnmog lkie:

¡ǝouƃ sɐɥ ʇı 'ɹɐʇlsɐuɹoʇ ɐopʎ ǝɥʇ 'uoıʌqlo ɹǝɹǝʌs ouʇı ɟɟo pʇǝɹǝıudls ʎlǝnɹd ˙sɐɥ ʇı ǝuɟɟılo ǝouƃ

MikeTheC
July 7th, 2009, 04:49 AM
my haed hturs.

My Brain Hurts too! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIlKiRPSNGA)