PDA

View Full Version : I Want My Two Dollars! (Funny Story)

mstlyevil
January 21st, 2006, 08:20 PM
I just got done reading this story and thought I would share it. Those familliar with US currency will get a kick out of this one.

I Want My Two Dollars! (http://www.milk.com/wall-o-shame/two_dollars.html)

If you have any simular experiences and stories that would be great to hear about them.

Cap'n Refsmmat
January 21st, 2006, 08:23 PM
I have some of those. Never tried to use them though.

mstlyevil
January 21st, 2006, 08:25 PM
I have some of those. Never tried to use them though.

My dad gets them everytime he collects travel pay at the VA. They still make them.

ubuntu27
January 21st, 2006, 08:32 PM
wow! Funny, I didn't know there was $2 bill, and I work in Stores & Restaurants [and never saw one] !!

majikstreet
January 21st, 2006, 08:47 PM
roflmao... I've heard of a $2 dollar bill before, but never seen one...

lol
majik

matthew
January 21st, 2006, 08:57 PM
I like to collect interesting currency. I have bills from all over the world (mostly of low value...I'm not rich, just eccentric). Anyway, long story short is I have a collection of about 15-20 two dollar bills. I even have some so old the seal on the front (you know, the green circle thing?) is red. They're pretty rare and I have a hard time spending them. Same goes for dollar coins--not just the old silver dollars that actually have more value, but even the Susan B. Anthony and Sacagawea dollar coins. I also have a set of one dollar bills from over twenty years ago with sequential serial numbers.

Okay, I admit it. I'm weird.

mstlyevil
January 21st, 2006, 08:59 PM
I like to collect interesting currency. I have bills from all over the world (mostly of low value...I'm not rich, just eccentric). Anyway, long story short is I have a collection of about 15-20 two dollar bills. I even have some so old the seal on the front (you know, the green circle thing?) is red. They're pretty rare and I have a hard time spending them. Same goes for dollar coins--not just the old silver dollars that actually have more value, but even the Susan B. Anthony and Sacagawea dollar coins. I also have a set of one dollar bills from over twenty years ago with sequential serial numbers.

Okay, I admit it. I'm weird.

You are not weird, maybe a little strange but not weird. :)

alinuxfan
January 21st, 2006, 09:37 PM
That is a funny story
I have known about $2 bills since I was a kid.
At our home town fair they had chicken and pig scrambles
Basically there are less animals than contestants and you have to catch on and put it in a big tire...anyway
For prizes for the little kids they'd give us a $2 bill
And my hometown bank will still give them to you if you ask

I think I might try what the guy in the story did..but I am not giving up my $2 bill that I got for catching my chicken

xequence
January 21st, 2006, 10:05 PM
Crazy yankees with your 1$ and 2$ bills ;O

souled
January 21st, 2006, 10:10 PM
Wow, funny story. How can you not know there's a $2 bill, hah. They aren't that rare... Printing was stopped on them a long time ago because it's kind of pointless to have a $2 bill, but then production was started again because people were hoarding them.

mstlyevil
January 22nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
Wow, funny story. How can you not know there's a $2 bill, hah. They aren't that rare... Printing was stopped on them a long time ago because it's kind of pointless to have a $2 bill, but then production was started again because people were hoarding them.

They still print them. My dad has a fresh new $2 bill dated 2005 he got from the VA. Oh wait I just read the rest of your post. Ok my bad I should read a whole post before commenting.:p

ubuntu27
January 22nd, 2006, 10:18 PM
Well. I'VE NERVER Saw $2 bill in my whole life :D

mstlyevil
January 22nd, 2006, 10:23 PM
Well. I'VE NERVER Saw $2 bill in my whole life :D

Living in Cyberworld you probally only see cyber bills. ;)

dosed150
January 22nd, 2006, 10:25 PM
sounds like the £100 note its legal tender but outside of scotland theyre very hard to spend

sapo
January 22nd, 2006, 10:45 PM
:mrgreen:
http://seguro.cotacao.com.br/images/hist_moedas/brasil_real_2.jpg

Vlammetje
January 22nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
I love it :mrgreen:

I'm a foreigner and I know about 2US$ bills... even seen one! I read another funny story about a guy wanting to buy an appliance and pay for it with this whole stack of 2$ bills.... needless to say that didn't go very well.... can't find the link at the moment though :(

lucidite
January 22nd, 2006, 10:52 PM

Yeah, well there's something to be said about not having to carry around so many loonies/twonies that your pockets start developing holes...

matthew
January 22nd, 2006, 11:05 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._two_dollar_bill

http://www.2005buffalonickel.com/Images/2003TWO.jpg

This is what I was talking about earlier with the red seal...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/US-Series-1953-%242-Obverse.png

No, I didn't scan or copy these...they're linked to sites I found on Google.

Sparkalo
January 22nd, 2006, 11:18 PM
For all of you that have never seen a real live two dollar bill, either go to your local bank and ask if they have them (not too sure how likely this is, but it shouldn't be too unlikely if they're large), or go to Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger in Ann Arbor if you live in the area. They give change in bicentennial quarters, half-dollars, and two dollar bills :p . They also have the best burgers I think I've ever had

xpod
November 7th, 2007, 10:24 AM
sounds like the £100 note its legal tender but outside of scotland theyre very hard to spend

They certainly are legal tender.I remember them fondly:)
You can potentially have trouble spending any Scottish notes outside of Scotland though.
Especially those Clydesadale Banknotes.
Just going into your little shops & stores down here in London with Scottish notes can be quite funny at times though...if not completely frustrating.

We were still using the one pound note back home in Scotland long after the rest of the country had done away with them.I`m sure we still have one somewhere,probably still in the wifes purse no doubt:)

thx11381974
November 7th, 2007, 11:30 PM
I've always wanted one. A couple of years ago I saw a kid at seven eleven using 3 of them to buy candy I tried to get the casher to give me one as change, But she wanted them for her self. My dad has one from his service in Korea maybe I'll inherit it. Two dollar bill is rare but real

LaRoza
November 8th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I have seen many two dollar bills. They are not used much, but they are getting more popular. I have spent them, and have had no trouble with them.

You might run into problems with these however, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacagawea_dollar, they are only 1 USC, but are not commonly spent, although I have seen people use them. I have a bunch of them somewhere.

bruce89
November 8th, 2007, 12:25 AM
They certainly are legal tender.I remember them fondly:)

Legally, our notes aren't legal tender, but they bloody well should be.

klange
November 8th, 2007, 12:43 AM
*doesn't bother to read replies 'cause I'm lazy*

$2 bills are in such low supply and so hard to find that they're collectors' items. They're actually worth more than $2, like those massive Eisenhower dollar coins (they go for around $10 now, the older the better)

Lux Perpetua
November 8th, 2007, 03:39 AM

Okay, I admit it. I'm weird.It's actually not that hard to get those dollar coins. Next time you need stamps, buy them from a stamp dispenser at the post office, and pay in cash. Your change will be in coins, including dollar coins if necessary.

ubuntu27
November 8th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Now it seems like two US dollars are becoming popular (at least where I live). I am getting at least 2 dollars bill per week from costumers.
I spend them or save them. I already have like 20 two dollar bills :D

ltk5
November 8th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Funny story :lolflag:

igknighted
November 8th, 2007, 07:33 AM

Crazy kanuks with your 1$ and 2$ coins!

fixal
November 8th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Ill write some more tommorow. Ill give you a Preview.

Prinicible, talking to me. " Im gonna kill you

bonzodog
November 8th, 2007, 05:37 PM
How many people here have tried to spend Euro's in the UK?

Didn't know you could, eh?

Well, you can. It is actually enshrined in a tiny piece of legislation which means that stores are allowed to accept Euro coins and notes.

I now live in the eurozone, and I visit back to the Uk every now and then, and one day I went around the town centre asking each shop if they took Euros'.

HMV, Woolworths, Boots and WHSmith all do. HMV can even tell the till that they are taking the amount in euro's and it will tell them how much change in Sterling to give out. I would keep an eye on the Euro, British people; It's a lot closer to being introduced in the UK than you think.

spamzilla
November 8th, 2007, 09:00 PM
I would keep an eye on the Euro, British people; It's a lot closer to being introduced in the UK than you think.

If the tories get elected, then it won't happen. It's (sadly) very possible to happen under labour, although I can't see it happen as we (english people) are very patriotic and adore our ££££££££££ far too much to give it up :lolflag:

glupee
November 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM
There used to be $1 and $2 bills in canada, i still have a few of each. wouldn't spend them tho.

bruce89
November 8th, 2007, 11:14 PM
[...]although I can't see it happen as we (english people) are very patriotic and adore our ££££££££££ far too much to give it up :lolflag:

When we get independence, I hope we switch to the Euro.

Dale61
November 9th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Our lowest 'paper' currency is the $5, but it is actually made out of a polymer type material.

Also, each denomination is a different colour.

Australian Currency Notes In Circulation (http://www.rba.gov.au/CurrencyNotes/NotesInCirculation/)

Also, and for those interested, 1 Australian dollar = 0.9347 U.S. dollars. I can remember when the Aussie dollar was as low as 0.56 U.S. dollars.