PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz negative effect key combination working only for one session

raequin
July 4th, 2009, 05:16 PM
The Compiz "negative" plugin has a key combination to toggle a window display. I like using this, but there is one problem.

Every time I restart the computer the key combination no longer works. I can go into the Compiz settings for Negative and grab a new key combination, and it works for the whole session, but then when I restart the computer it's no longer working. It's still there, showing up in the settings manager (the key combination) but it is without effect.

I'd appreciate some help so I can use this effect without having to grab a key combination every time I restart. Thanks.

FYI --- I'm on a Dell Latitude D830. I believe the nvidia drivers are enabled; pretty sure.

raequin
July 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
eh, *bump*

raequin
July 12th, 2009, 08:46 AM
*bump* in the night

raequin
July 14th, 2009, 02:49 AM
What does it take, to get a drink in this place?

*bump*

raequin
July 17th, 2009, 11:29 AM
What does it take? And how long must I wait?

*bump*

raequin
April 20th, 2010, 02:01 AM
I just installed 9.10 on an HP dv9830us. One thing's not working right that I'm trying to fix now. The compiz effect, "Negative" works for the entire screen (keyboard combination <Super>m) but Toggle Window Negative does not work (<Super>n). I even grabbed a new key combination for this to try that and it still does not work. Help, please, because I use this alot for reading and writing.

Thanks.

raequin
April 20th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Aiite, the solution was to remove the USA keyboard layout. But the funny thing is when I restarted that layout was still an option, yet the <Control> keyboard shortcuts now work with Dvorak. What changed is that the keys to switch between layouts were set back to "Both Alt keys together." So I guess the problem was that I had it set to "Ctrl+Shift."

raequin
April 20th, 2010, 02:35 PM
This is not an issue with 9.10 installed on a new laptop.

raequin
October 25th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Okay, so, this is again an issue. I have a different computer and now am running Ubuntu 10.04. The negative effect toggle keys worked fine for a while then after some random update it reverted to the old, problematic behavior. Now whenever I restart my computer I have to go into CompizConfig Settings Manager and change the toggle window negative keys for it to work that session. Any ideas?

richardh9936
January 20th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I'm having similar issues, still, with 10.04.

richardh9936
January 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm having similar issues, still, with 10.04.

Krytarik
January 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
What about changing the key combination, by adding the Ctrl button for example.

Upon trying both of the given key combinations, I found that <Super>m isn't working, even if I "grab" it again, it pops up the messages menu in the panel instead.